We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Artisans

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jol
Vancouver,Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Artisans

Robert J. ... I will be in Florence and Venice next year and would love to watch artisans at work - leather workers, gilders, wood turners, etc. Is this something one can see on a casual basis without special arrangements?

Thank you for all the fine advice I read with interest.

Florence
Level Contributor
207 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Artisans

try to visit:

www.leatherschool.it

in the Basilica di Santa Croce

East Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Artisans

We will be in Rome, Florence, Tuscany and Milan for two weeks later October. We are interested in seeing artisans at work. Are there any watercolor/oil artists working in the open markets? Thanks in advance!

Firenze
Level Contributor
557 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Artisans

i remembered this post when i saw a leaflet at the airport the other day, while i was picking someone up.

the apt and provincia di firenze have a leaflet called "Craftsmen of the Oltrarno" with itineraries including open workshops.

you can book and get infor from itinerari.turistici@siwebsrl.com

though there does not seem to be a website...

tours are free and include 3 workshop visits; they run monday and thursday afternoon. Should be just what you need, no?!!

East Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Artisans

Wish to see artisans! Yes this is what I was interested in...thank you for taking time to post this information to me. Can't wait...I will look for the brochure when we arrive to Florence. Any other info on artisans? Thanks again! I am booked with Rebecca on Monday though...and will be in the Tuscany area after Tuesday...does this mean I will miss the opportunity?

East Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Artisans

Wish to see artisans! Yes this is what I was interested in...thank you for taking time to post this information to me. Can't wait...I will look for the brochure when we arrive to Florence. Any other info on artisans? Thanks again! I am booked with Rebecca on Monday though...and will be in the Tuscany area after Tuesday...does this mean I will miss the opportunity?

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Artisans

The tour "Artigiani d'Oltrarno" is bookable through C.A.T.

Tel. 055-3036108

Enjoy - sounds fun!