We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

does anybody know " palazzo niccolini al duomo " ?

madrid
3 posts
Save Topic
does anybody know " palazzo niccolini al duomo " ?

for my next visit in August.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
74 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: does anybody know " palazzo niccolini al duomo " ?

Hi,

I am an hotellier near to the Duomo but quite honestly never heard of this property. Could be one of the new B&B whose number is increasing day after day. By the name sounds ok and you might try it-:)

ciao

Luciano

Rochester, MN
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: does anybody know " palazzo niccolini al duomo " ?

I stayed there! I loved it! My girlfriend and I shared a junior suite for 2 nights and it was perfect. It is a discreet hotel that is located in an old palace that was / is owned by the royal family, the Nicolini's. It is located about 1/2 block from the Duomo on a side street. There is a gate with a small sign on the brick wall that bears the hotel's name... look closely. You can take the elevator or you can climb the magnificent marble staircase up 2 floors. There are personal residences located in the same "palace" so be sure to go to the correct floor instead of knocking on someone's personal entryway (like we did!). The hotel is is elegant, tasteful, polite and wonderfully Italian (frescoes)! The staff (sometimes the owners themselves!) are pleasant and congenial. The breakfasts are delicious and healthy. The "continental" breakfast is more than enough: yogurts, fresh made breads, fresh fruits, croissants, fresh juices and the tastiest cappucinos. You can also order off a menu if you want more substantial food. I would definitely recommend this hidden gem. Not many have heard of this place because it does not cater to the general public. Enjoy!

Sherman, TX
Level Contributor
939 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: does anybody know " palazzo niccolini al duomo " ?

How did you discover this hotel? Do they have a website? I am travelling to Florence in March and would like to contact them. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
madrid
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: does anybody know " palazzo niccolini al duomo " ?

WWW.NICCOLINIDOMEPALACE.COM

info@niccolinidomepalace.com

Mrs. Pedroni

Somewhere Out There
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: does anybody know " palazzo niccolini al duomo " ?

I haven't stayed there myself but booked it for some friends last year and they loved it.