We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stylish Hotel in Florence - Grand Hotel Minerva

frankfurt, germany
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stylish Hotel in Florence - Grand Hotel Minerva

hi i going to Milan for business at the end of September and would like to visit Florence for a couple of days... I hear the Minerva is a lovely hotel which according to some reviews here oozes "sophistication and style" certainly the website www.grandhotelminerva.net paints a very positive picture of the hotel although i must to be honest it is a little on the expensive side.. is it worth it and does the people know if the pool should be opened at the end of September?

new york
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stylish Hotel in Florence - Grand Hotel Minerva

heil, I love Florence and Milan and like yourself I want to stay in the best hotels (particularly when on business seeing as the company is paying for it LOL) Anyway, the Grand Hotel Minerva is a super hotel and the breakfast contains too many things so don't do like I did and eat so much that you feel like just going back to bed! The location of the Minerva is unbeatable as you are minutes walk from everything including Flornence Cathedral the Uffizi Art Galleries the Ponte Vecchio and in addition there is a great Irish pub right in front of the hotel called the Fiddler's Elbow which has a really friendly and cosmopolitan atmosphere. We were treated very well by the hotel and given a room on the upper floor due partly to the fact that we booked through the hotel's own web site www.grandhoteminerva.net - enjoy Florence and remember to book your tickets to the Uffizi art gallery through the hotel concierge.

new york
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stylish Hotel in Florence - Grand Hotel Minerva

it is touch and go if the Grand Hotel Minerva's swimming pool is open as the end of September can be roasting hot or mild it just depends on the weather forecasts so keep your eyes peeled!

manchester, uk
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stylish Hotel in Florence - Grand Hotel Minerva

the Grand Hotel Minerva is one of the best 4 star hotels in Florence and unfortunately its prices reflect this... if you have the cash then go for it, you will not be dissapointed.

dallas
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Stylish Hotel in Florence - Grand Hotel Minerva

check www.grandhotelminerva.net - the hotel is not as expensive as you think!

new york
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stylish Hotel in Florence - Grand Hotel Minerva

do you know how far milan is from florence. I am going to rome, then florence and thinking of going to milan from florence.

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
322 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stylish Hotel in Florence - Grand Hotel Minerva

Milan is about 1.5, 1.75 hours from Florence via train....

new york
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stylish Hotel in Florence - Grand Hotel Minerva

thank you!

Florence
Level Contributor
207 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stylish Hotel in Florence - Grand Hotel Minerva

milan is 2h 45 min from florence by eurostar train. Something like 3 hours by car.