We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

museum reservations in sept?

Toronto, Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Topic
museum reservations in sept?

Do you think I really need museum reservations for the Uffizi and the Accademia in Florence in the middle of September?

I really don't want to pay the online prices that are triple the 6.50Euro ticket but I guess if I could avoid standing in line for several hours for an extra 3Euros I could call that number.

Are the lines generally as long in mid-September as the summer? I don't mind waiting up to 30min to an hour but any longer I'd go earlier or get the reservations.

Any advice?

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
908 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: museum reservations in sept?

I'm probably going to have a go trying to book on the Trenitalia website. Has anyone had any success? If so, when it's mandatory reservation - and the website allows you to check which seat - there is a box with 2 rows of 3 seats - if I want 2 seats accross from each other -which side is by ourselves? the left or right side?

Thanks for any responses.

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: museum reservations in sept?

We were in Florence in May and at the Uffizi's suggestion showed up at 8 a.m. to get in line for tickets. Were told the wait would be 30 to 45 minutes. Ha! When we showed up there were already 200 people in line! At the rate the line was moving once the doors opened, we would have been in line for hours. If you really want to get in, show up earlier.