We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear in Florence

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles,CA
1 post
Save Topic
What to wear in Florence

I am going to Florence end of September. What is recommeded for causal dining, museums, and wine tasting?

Thank you...

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear in Florence

I'm interested in this answer too. Do Italians like to dress up more than Americans?

Does it get chilly at night the first week of September?

smy
Alabama
Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear in Florence

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=20&geo=187768&scope=2&q=%22what+to+wear%22&returnTo=%2FShowForum-g187768-i20-Italy.html

That should give you a wealth of information. Good luck!

smy
Alabama
Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear in Florence

For whatever reason that didnt link properly. Just copy the whole thing and paste it into your web browser, or do a search in the Italy forum for "what to wear". Be sure to include the quotation marks for a better search.

Memphis
Level Contributor
673 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear in Florence

I only occassionally check this forum since my trip to Italy in May but I do know before we went there were a ton of threads about this topic so just search for it.

When we were in Florence I noticed a ton of women wearing these flouncy skirts. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. They are below the knee and all sorts of colors. I see a lot of American women wearing these now. My wife bought one over there.

High Wycombe...
Level Contributor
1 post
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear in Florence

We have just returned from a wonderful week in Florence - you will enjoy yourself. When we were there, there were no 'dress codes' other in the Churches and Catherderals, where ladies with bare shoulders or shorts had to wear a blue paper poncho - not very attractive. More men are wearing shorts nowdays, but overall the rule for day or evening was 'smart casual'.

New York
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What to wear in Florence

My husband and I will also be going at the end of September and I have been searching for the same info without much luck. Possibly because I want to know too much info. If I find a site or any info I will let you know. Have a great trip!

Westerville, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What to wear in Florence

You can use this web site to see the weather 15 days out. Maybe this will help.

http://wwwa.accuweather.com