We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suprise boyfriend

London UK
4 posts
Save Topic
Suprise boyfriend

Hi

I will be in Florence mid Sept 16th-18th for a Wedding on the 17th. I will be taking my boyfriend along with me. I hear Florence is very romantic. I would like to do something that would be very romantic in Florence on a Sunday evening. Can anyone suggest anything that would perfect for us and see the romance of Florence?

The other thing our flight is to Pisa, how do I get from the airport Pisa to central Florence by train? how long does it take?

Many thanks for your time

Soulsa

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,638 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suprise boyfriend

Pisa airport has its own railway station with direct trains to Florence. They take a little under an hour. Check for train times on www.trenitalia.it (English language version).

I am afraid I am not an expert on things romantic as it is getting close to 50 years since we got marrried. However, I think the view form Piazzale Michelangelo is lovely, looking over the city, and there are pleasant restaurants at the back of the Piazzale.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suprise boyfriend

I second that- take a walk alongside the river, cross it and go to Piazza Michelangelo. Breath-taking views over the city. Splendid sunsets too, I'm told. As I was on my own I didn't stay that long to see them!

st lucia
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Suprise boyfriend

Come of it Robert J I bet you're still an old romantic at heart. How can you love Venice so much and not be a romantic. The 2 things just don't mix!!!

Firenze
Level Contributor
557 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suprise boyfriend

I would skip piazzale michelangelo, which tourists love but locals hate. What could be romantic about going where everyone else is? Or, if you do want to go up there, keep walking and go sit on the steps of the church of san miniato al monte.

While not _much_ less frequented, i suggest the view from the top of the hill in fiesole. There is a darkish park with benches and well, a lot of locals kinda go there to make out...

in the end, romance is what you make of it, not where you create it. Sometimes a destination is harder to make romantic than a simple stroll through back streets.

the answer to your pisa-fi train question is here: www.arttrav.com/travelinfo/transportation.htm

San Diego...
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Suprise boyfriend

I thought going on a evening passegiata to watch the sunset on Ponte Vecchio was the ultimate romantic thing to do (and I've done it a few times during my stay in Florence!). :)