We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chianti Coach Tour €15 each / Thursdays only Spring til Fall

scarpenter4
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Chianti Coach Tour €15 each / Thursdays only Spring til Fall

I found this tour on the Florence Forum back in June of his year. It is a great opportunity to spend an enjoyable day and see some of the Chianti Region, compliments of the Tourist Office of

Florence and to the Chamber of Commerce.

The TripAdvisor member who brought the tour to my attention with his/her post is searcher48 who posted on June 07, 2008:

"Provided by the tourist board on Thursdays. We went last week and there were only 8 of us on a 25 seater bus. This tour is not well promoted but was fantastic. Left at 8.45 back at 4. Went to a handicrafts exhibit, 2 wine tastings (the first we had about 3 glasses each and a table of food snacks!) churches, Museums, hill towns. English speaking guide. (my tour did not get back to Florence until approx 5:00 PM / 17:00)

firenzeturismo.it/en_EN/special-promotions/g…

Machiavelli Viaggi

Via Machiavelli, 49

50026 San Casciano Val Di Pesa (Fi)

Fax. 055822324

ph. 0558228073

e-mail: chianti@machiavelliviaggi.it

Since then, I understand that many TripAdvisor members and readers have made arrangements to take the trip/tour and the half empty bus is now a distant memory. The day I went in early July there were about 6 empty seats.

I've answered questions on a number of posts concerning this trip/tour. Starting today I will refer others back to this NEW POST and will try only to comment here.

If you've taken this trip/tour and would be so kind as to leave your comments for the rest of us...I know that others will enjoy reading them.

If you have questions and/or concerns...I'd be happy to try and answer and/or an address them.

As an FYI this is from an email that was sent to me from the host: "As you know, tours are offered to give the opportunity to everybody to discover the unknown part of our territory that is not included in regular tours" I will include more of tha email in an update to follow....

scarpenter4
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chianti Coach Tour €15 each / Thursdays only Spring til Fall

Update:

The other day I sent an email asking for the date of the last tour for 2008. I received the following information:

"Our last tour this year will be on the 27th of November."

"We still don't know when tours will start next year."

I have asked for more information regarding the tours itinerary, as I did not take notes. When they reply I will post, along with my comments concering my personal experiences.

scarpenter4
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chianti Coach Tour €15 each / Thursdays only Spring til Fall

2 Corrections:

"It is a great opportunity to spend an enjoyable day and see some of the Chianti Region, compliments of the Tourist Office of Florence and the Chamber of Commerce.

The following is the weblink that did not paste correctly in the heading:

firenzeturismo.it/en_EN/special-promotions/g…

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Chianti Coach Tour €15 each / Thursdays only Spring til Fall

Scarpenter:

Didn't you just start another thread on exactly the same subject with a slightly different title:

"Special Chianti Tours (Thursdays ONLY) Wonderful !!!!!!!!!!!"

And this is on top of the thread "Chianti coach tour €15 each" where you made no fewer than 26 posts on the same subject.

In addition to which, you have made exactly the same posts on umpty-ump other threads - some of which had absolutely nothing to do with bus tours or Chianti - such as your touting of this tour on a thread about the Stibbert Museum.

Why do you need to post the same stuff twice? three times? 100 times?

Why do readers of this forum have to wade through the same stuff so many times?

scarpenter4
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chianti Coach Tour €15 each / Thursdays only Spring til Fall

georgehlesser:

my user name is Scarpenter4

Some on this forum objected to the wording of a sentence in my post titled:

"Special Chianti Tours (Thursdays ONLY) Wonderful !!!!!!!!!!!"

Which was "Posted on: 9:40 am, July 13, 2008"

As you may already know..once posted, nothing can be edited. This new post was my only option.

I encourage everyone to go back and read georgehlesser's remarks and I will not commment on anything he as to say in the future on this post.

The end.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chianti Coach Tour €15 each / Thursdays only Spring til Fall

ok, wathching this one from now on.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chianti Coach Tour €15 each / Thursdays only Spring til Fall

I've seen this tour on the Firenze website and wondered what it was like. Glad you reposted since tours are always changing. Just because it was a great tour last year doesn't mean that it will always be the same. Routes change, guides change, costs change, etc.

scarpenter4
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chianti Coach Tour €15 each / Thursdays only Spring til Fall

nancycinti,

If you are detail oriented you may notice that the cost is listed as 10€ on the webpage for this tour.

So I have no idea as to how it may vary from year to year, or even week to week.

Sincere people adding to this post will be the best way to have a current idea as to what the tour is like. If you go back to the orig. post (not mine)

you can read a very nice comment posted a week or so ago by someone who went on the tour.

Thanks for adding...

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
107 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chianti Coach Tour €15 each / Thursdays only Spring til Fall

Just did this tour on Thursday and would highly recommend it.

I booked via email before we went to Italy and the communication was very efficient (email chianti@machiavelliviaggi.it).

Our group consisted of about 15 people from Australia, USA, Russia, England and Florence. The bus picked us up just before 9am from Piazza Adua opposite the station and we drove out into the Chianti region. The tour guide was full of information and spoke very good English.

We stopped at Barberino Val d'Elsa, the church of San Appiano, the chapel of San Michele Arcangelo at Semifonte, Greve in Chianti and the nearby Museo di Arte Sacra. The countryside we drove through to get to these places was breathtaking.

In between this we stopped to sample the produce of a small farm where they produce their own Chianti Classico, meats, cheeses, olive oils bread and fruit preserves. We sat outside and were brought as much food as we wanted along with 2 different Chianti wines followed by biscotti to dip into Vin Santo.

We stopped again near Greve in Chianti and went to the workshop of another wine producer. We sampled 3 different wines and nibbles to accompany.

We returned to Florence at about 5pm.

The whole day was absolutely fantastic. At no point did we feel under any pressure to buy anything. This was a point the guide made at the beginning. These tours operate to show off the region in the hope that people will come back and visit. For this reason, the tour is heavily subsidised by the Chamber of Commerce and only costs 15 euro. It was the highlight of my trip, not to mention the bargain of the trip too!

As I've already said, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the tour and look forward to visiting Tuscany again in the future. I'll be happy to answer any questions too.

NS

United States
Level Contributor
10,056 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chianti Coach Tour €15 each / Thursdays only Spring til Fall

NorthernSoutherner,

Thanks for providing the details of where the tour went. That information has been lacking up to now. "A church, a small village, another church" type descriptions weren´t very helpful to people who were planning to check into this tour.

Sounds like a lovely day if you are into group tours.

TAB

Volterra, Italy
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chianti Coach Tour €15 each / Thursdays only Spring til Fall

Perhaps by checking out their website, they will give all the information necessary. Scarpenter4 has given all the necessaries for doing so.

This tour looks very interesting, especially for those on a tight budget.

Ciao