We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Athenaeum?

Long Island, New...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Athenaeum?

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Athenaeum in Florence? Your insights would be greatly appreciated.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
74 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Athenaeum?

Hi,

For my profession in the tourism branch I was recently invited to attend their opening party and I have inspected many rooms; it is a great place; modern hotel fit into a sort of ancient building. The location is also very convenient being so near to Piazza San Marco. If you decide to book call Simona ( reservations manager ) she is an excellent host.

Although I have never slept there I think that the property is to be highly recommended.

ciao

Luciano

Long Island, New...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Athenaeum?

Thank you very much. That is quite helpful. Do you think it is centrally located to most of the tourist attractions? Thank you very much

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
74 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Athenaeum?

Hi again,

thanks for your follow up. Yes ! it is in the city center and all the major attractions are at walking distance.

ciao

Luciano

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Athenaeum?

We're thinking of staying at the Hotel Atheneaum in Mayand have read no reviews on it.

Did you happen to stay there? If yes, what is your opinion.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Athenaeum?

We stayed in the Athenaeum in October, right after their opening. It is very nice with a modern, almost Asian, feel to it. We were pleased with our room; however, at that time, only one of the two elevators worked properly...which was disconcerting to the American tour group of 20 that all wanted to use the elevator at the same time. :) At that time the hotel was offering an introductory rate of 160 euros/night, which was a very good value. I don't know what they currently charge.

The hotel is located about 5 minutes by foot from Piazza San Marco, which is itself just a few minutes from the Accademia. It is not so convenient to the Uffizi and some of the other sights closer to the River Arno.