We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bargello National Museum

USA
11 posts
Save Topic
Bargello National Museum

Do you think I need to reserve this museum or should I be able to go and buy a ticket?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bargello National Museum

When are you going to Florence??????

USA
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bargello National Museum

I will be there May 2-6th.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,520 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bargello National Museum

You should not need to reserve a ticket. The Bargello is very under attended compared to Uffizi or Accademia. We were there in September and walked right in at 10 am. Great place, lots of wonderful sculpture. Now I've seen Dontello's David, Bernini's David, and Michelangelo's David.

italybound@verizon.net

washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bargello National Museum

The Bargello is our favorite museum in Florence - and, therefore in the world.

We have been there many dozens of times over the years. We have never found the place crowded, much less had to wait in line.

Let the thundering herds go to the Uffizi and the Accademia, the sophisticated go to the Bargello and the Opera del Duomo.

Let us know if you find different. If so, I will certainly start panning the place on this forum.

USA
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bargello National Museum

Are we allowed to take pictures here?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bargello National Museum

I think there will be signs if you are not allowed to take photos.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bargello National Museum

I agree, do spend a while in the courtyard when you go in, its lovely. Apparently, the building used to be the police HQ in Medici times. I understand restoration work is presently being done on Donatello's famous David, and you can watch it being cleaned. There is a quite stunning collection of Della Robbia pieces on one of the higher floors, Madonnas and other subjects, in white terracotta, quite worth the price of admission alone.

GB
Level Contributor
151 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bargello National Museum

Hi there - we made reservations, but when we got there for our 10am slot there was no queue and we just went straight in. The Bargello is the perfect antidote to all the renaissance paintings elsewhere in Florence!

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
17 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bargello National Museum

Was in Florence April 14-18. Walked right into the Bargello at 930am on a Friday, no reservations. Very enjoyable. Restoration of the David is going on. Would have been nice to see it up, but the restoration was interesting too.

Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bargello National Museum

I agree there is no need for reservations.

To me, it is the best museum in Florence (placing second in Europe only behind the Prado in Madrid), and the building itself is a big part of that.