We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Florence to Rome ?

8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From Florence to Rome ?

Hi folks, we have found what we think will be a beaut little Hotel (Casci) in Florence, for 6-11th Feb.

We now need a reasonably priced hotel with good amenities, service, & located near to the centre of Rome... Vatican, museums, etc, from 11 to 15th Feb.

Has anyone had any recent good experiences that they could recommend please ??

Thanks in anticipation..... Ray.

Sarasota, Florida...
Level Contributor
859 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Florence to Rome ?

I had reservations at Residenza Canali (located near Piazza Navona), but they cancelled at the last minute so I wouldn't recommend them. I did stay at the Hotel Dellatorre Argentina which is a nice business style hotel, also located near Piazza Navona. It's in an excellent location, but it's about $200 per night.

San Francisco...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: From Florence to Rome ?

Hi Ray,

We just got back from 3 weeks in Italy. We stayed at Hotel Casci in Florence. Just wanted to let you know that it was really great. The family who runs it are sooooo nice.... and you can't beat the location! You can walk everywhere.

We stayed at the Hotel Fontabella in Rome. It is not in the center of Rome.. but, we walked everywhere from it in Rome. It is pretty close to the train station. But, also close to the metro and bus. The staff was wonderful and the rooms were really nice.

Have fun!

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: From Florence to Rome ?

We've stayed in several hotels in Rome and on our last visit in March we were very pleased with the La Residenza at Via Emilia, 22. It is near the Via Veneto and great location to get to everything in the city.