We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurants In Florence

smy
Alabama
Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Restaurants In Florence

As I've mentioned before, my fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to Italy around the second week of October. I am planning on making the reservations myself and have loved all of the information I have received here. I want to compile a list of recommended hotels, restaurants, and attractions from independent travelers such as yourselves.

Would those of you who have been to Florence, please tell me the best restaurant you've dined at while in Florence(on a moderate budget).

Please list your favorites as well as any comments or complaints about them.

Thanks to all those that reply.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurants In Florence

We liked Aqua Al Due and Da'Osvaldo's. We stayed near the Ponte Vecchio and both were within walking distance. They both offered good food. I recommended Aqua Al Due to a friend and she enjoyed it too and would also recommend it.

Good luck.

manchester, uk
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurants In Florence

hi, we had a pre dinner aperitif at the grand hotel minerva www.grandhoteminerva.net on their roof top terrace which has a fantastic view of the Florence including Brunelleschi's Dome. The panoramic view of Florence is breathtaking and I would recommend it as a prelude to your dinner wherever you eat... (NB we didn't eat at the Minerva as it was too expensive!)

Fairfield...
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurants In Florence

I will second Aqua al Due. I have eaten there several times over the past 12 years and it has always been consistantly good. Contact them asap to see if you can get a reservation. They offer a pasta tasting course that includes 5 sample dishes in addition to a full menu. If you can get seated downstairs, it is less crowded yet is cozy with a loved one.

My favorite gelato in the city is festival del gelato.

Don't miss the Bargello- a sculpture museum that is fantastic and can be overshadowed by the Uffizi and the Academia.

smy
Alabama
Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurants In Florence

Thanks again for your replies! Any others, please post your recommendations.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurants In Florence

Buca dell'Orafo in Volta de'Girolami, a little alley alongside the Uffizi, very popular with locals, only very few tourists when we were there last year. Owner is very kind & helpful. Wonderful food.

Level Contributor
190 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurants In Florence

The 2 best in Florence are Trattoria ZAZA by the Mercato Centrale try to sit outside. Portions are good value and the food is top notch. I had the papperdelle with the wild boar sauce , it was excellent. You will be charged a cover to sit and eat and for bread, check for service charges some do some don't. They also have a website just search by that name.

The other for really traditional local food with local people is Trattoria le Mossacce - Via del Proconsolo 55/R

near the Bargello and 1 block south of the Duomo. Try the Riboletta ( not sure of the spelling) it is the traditional soup and with the cheese plate of local cheeses some bread and olive oil and wine...well I was in heaven. This also the place I found for the best price on the Bisteca Florentina start at 15 Euro for x amount of kilograms ( I think this is the measurement) then you can add more weight at 3 Euros per. They cut is right there and it is great! Go early and I believe they close on the weekends

Stop at Caffe Mingo on Via del Proconsolo 2/R near the Bargello a Negroni cocktail 4 Euros no cover charge to sit and enjoy your drink. Tell them the woman from Naples Florida sent you - the family is very nice and the daughter Beatrice looks like she just stepped out of a Boticelli painting. I thought those women were made up, but when I saw her it was like stepping in to his paintings. Amazing that those characteristics are alive in Florentine women today. Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Caffe Mingo
Caffe Mingo
28 Reviews
Florence, Italy
Negroni
Negroni
134 Reviews
Florence, Italy
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
800 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Restaurants In Florence

I second ZAZA'as

Atlanta
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Restaurants In Florence

I highly reccommend Buca Lapi. It was, by far, the best meal of our trip through Rome, Venice, Florence and several Tuscan towns. We asked our waiter at a small sidewalk cafe where my husband was waiting while I shopped at the market nearby what his favorite restaurant in town was. He thought for a moment and told us to go to Buca Lapi and ask for Franca. It was, evidently, a busy night at the restaurant, and we had no reservations, but Franca was very gracious and sat us at the only table that we didn't see a "reserved" sign on. She patiently helped us through the Italian only menu, gave us hints about one dish over another and even brought us samples of things we'd passed over so we could at least know what we'd missed. When she returned to ask if we'd like dessert, we said we were too full. The next thing we knew, there she was with a sliver of the most decadent flourless chocolate cake, "just so we could taste". They had to roll us out the door! We had a hard time finding it and I just looked in my file and can't find the address, but I believe it is well known, so just ask. I'm not sure if it was using our waiter's name from the cafe or if they're always like that, but I can't say enough about that place.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
21,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Restaurants In Florence

Buca Lapi is in Via del Trebbio, 1r - just off Piazza Antinori at the top of Via Tornabuoni, Near Piazza Santa Tr��nita.

The name of the soup is ribollita - it literally means "re-boiled" and it's a vegetable soup with bread.

Enjoy your meals!!

Sunny Isles Beach...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Restaurants In Florence

Buca Lapi is at the top of my list too...especially well known for bistecca alla fiorentina. I also love Mama Gina's on the Borgo San Jacopo.