We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allesandro Or Rebecca?

United States
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Allesandro Or Rebecca?

Who should we use for our wine tour? Please help! Thanks.

Tacoma, WA
Level Contributor
258 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allesandro Or Rebecca?

I was just in Florence and because I waited so long I to book I couldn't get Rebecca or Alessandro but instead got Alessandro's associate Marco. I think Rebecca might be a little less expensive and comes very highly recommended. If money is no object then it probably doesn't matter. Marco was an excellent guide also and I would use him again. The fee was 260 euro for the day.

I will definitely be a day to always remember with either tour guide. It would be great to hear a comparison from someone that had used both.

Rebecca

Denver, CO
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Allesandro Or Rebecca?

We did a one-day private tour with Rebecca's company at the end of May. The website is www.tuscanywinetours.com She was busy but she sent Mario and he was great! He knows a lot about cameras too! There was a wine festival that weekend and we got to taste over 50 wines all in one place as well as visit one of the top 10 wineries, Volpaia, in Radda/Greve area. (I hope I spelled that right!) We even found the wine back in Colorado so we didn't have to carry it on the plane. The cost was very reasonable and the 2 of us had him all to ourselves! One of the highlights of our trip.

Denver, CO
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Allesandro Or Rebecca?

We did a one-day private tour with Rebecca's company at the end of May. The website is www.tuscanywinetours.com She was busy but she sent Mario and he was great! He knows a lot about cameras too! There was a wine festival that weekend and we got to taste over 50 wines all in one place as well as visit one of the top 10 wineries, Volpaia, in Radda/Greve area. (I hope I spelled that right!) We even found the wine back in Colorado so we didn't have to carry it on the plane. The cost was very reasonable and the 2 of us had him all to ourselves! One of the highlights of our trip.

texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Allesandro Or Rebecca?

we hired Alessandro back in march and he was excellent, very flexible and helpful.

Denver, CO
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Allesandro Or Rebecca?

Oops. sorry the correct website for Rebecca is:

www.tuscan-wine-tours.com

the rate was 30 euros an hour

United States
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Allesandro Or Rebecca?

Just returned from our trip to Florence and we chose Allesandro. What a good choice I made!

I would advise against using Rebecca. I had first confirmed a day tour with her for 250e and when Allesandro later contacted me it was 190e, so I kindly asked if she would match his price and she defensifly responded that if money was the issue then we should not book with her and would not return my emails after that.

So, we went with Alessandro and that was the best decision we made. He took us to a castle, a few villages, Siena and several wineries for 6 hours (1/2 a day) for 90e.

Don't hesitate to book with him.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Allesandro Or Rebecca?

I just emailed Alessandro about a done day tour the first week of November. He had 2 days open--and wanted 365 Euros for the day. Too expensive. Any other suggestions besides Rebecca?

smy
Alabama
Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Allesandro Or Rebecca?

365?! Thats insane. What all did you ask him to do? About a week ago I confirmed an all day tour with him for only 190Euro

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Allesandro Or Rebecca?

Correction: 360 Euros. For one day. Five people. To Sienna, San Gimigiano, with stops in the wine country. The rate goes up as the number of people goes up, and he's still cheaper than Rebecca's asking price, but not by much.

Portland
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Allesandro Or Rebecca?

I just checked Rebecca's web-site and just wanted to let you know that if you are going in November, she gives discounts all through the low season (November till March). We had a wonderful experience with her and I'm still raving about it to family and friends - and the price certainly wasn't too high compared to other tour companies that I had checked out. On the contrary, it was well worth while having a private fluent English speaking guide expert on wines.