We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence to Pisa

Spain
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Florence to Pisa

I'm going to spend a week in Florence and would like to visit Pisa. Is it better to go by bus or by train? Someone wrote that the railway station is quite a long way from the leaning tower.Maybe a bus is a better idea?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence to Pisa

Never been by bus. But the train is easy enough and not expensive. The central railway station (Pisa Centrale) is quite a long way from the leaning tower, although it IS walkable if you're feeling energetic. But there are buses that go to the tower and they're pretty easy to work out.

I've heard that there's another station in Pisa nearer to the leaning tower, but I can't remember where I read that or what the name of the station was....

chicago
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence to Pisa

Definitely by train.

We finished Pisa and Siena by train in oneday.

We went to Pisa. On the way back we stopped at empoli and took a train to siena.

From Siena there are direct trains to florence. Last train is around 9-20.

Spain
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence to Pisa

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. So,first we'll go to Pisa by train,and then,depending on how much time we spend there ,we'll try to do as you suggest and may stop in Siena for a quick visit. Thank you again!