We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa-Florence

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chester
Level Contributor
196 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Pisa-Florence

Hi guys

Getting quite excited about my visit to Florence.

Can anyone advise on getting from Pisa Aiport to Florence by train? What's the airport like, is it as confusing as Florence Airport? Do you have to change trains?

Can anyone recommend any areas for eating at night? Is it like here jeans during the day and night or can you dress up a bit?

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,093 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisa-Florence

You should be getting excited, you'll have a ball.

At Pisa's airport you can walk to the train station. They're connected by a covered walkway. From there, you can take a train to Santa Maria Novella station in about an hour. If you're staying near the Duomo in Florence, you can walk to your hotel from the station in about 10 minutes.

jerryott@dtnspeed.net

Firenze
Level Contributor
557 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pisa-Florence

Pisa airport trains run to florence every hour. The train station is located just outside the airport, a few steps from where you get off the plane. The train is direct and takes between 1 and 1.5 hours depending on how many places it stops. It costs 5 euros per person each way. I just flew pisa-stanstead with ryan air last week and was pleased with the service and with how quickly my baggage was processed.

Pisa airport is like a bus station and hence not confusing at all; for that matter, the same goes for florence airport.

for eating out at night, please see the florence section of www.arttrav.com under "eating". Also you can search restaurant recs on www.slowtrav.com. Fashionable jeans are fine at any time but to eat at nicer restaurants you will want to dress up. In florence styles are more conservative than in england.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pisa-Florence

You can find info about timetables and also location of the stations at www.trenitalia.it

Enjoy your visit!