We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anon - Question about tickitaly

United States
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
272 reviews
Save Topic
Anon - Question about tickitaly

What do you think about using www.tickitaly.com to get tickets for the Florence museums? Have you ever had any experience with this website or heard of any problems? I know you recommended a phone number to call, is this the same company?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anon - Question about tickitaly

I'm not Anon, but no, the phone number is directly to the museums itself. Tickitaly is a middleman and you will pay more to book through them to do the exact same thing as calling yourself. TickItaly appears to charge 18.50E for a ticket that calling the museum yourself would cost 9.50E!!!!!

If you call the phone number to the museums directly you pay no money til you arrive, you just get your 6-digit reservation code and bring it with you and pay when you show up at your time. No need to pay extra for a middleman! :) The extra money is better in your pocket than in Tickitaly's!

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anon - Question about tickitaly

I don't know any of the internet companies. They are all agents and I suggest to buy via the central reservation system of the museum themselves. Some of the advantages;

You pay less since you only pay the ticket price + the booking fee, and don't pay any broker's fees

You are not asked for your c/c details and only pay cash on the spot

A poster mentioned recently that by phoning she was able to secure tickets for dates during which the online agents were not able to

True, you can book directly only by phone, but if your hotel is ready to do it for you for free, it is not a problem at all. But even if you phone from abroad, the waiting time has shortened in my experience, the operators speak good english and the whole process is quite pleasant.

United States
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anon - Question about tickitaly

I will take your advice and call. Sometimes we get so used to the internet that we think is the best options, but I see your points and definitely not worth double the price. Thanks!

United States
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anon - Question about tickitaly

Well... not so simple, I just called and after waiting 5.5 mins, I got a message saying that all the operators are busy and I need to call back later.

florence
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anon - Question about tickitaly

E.mail the place you will be staying at and they can call for you!

United States
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anon - Question about tickitaly

I dont think they're very efficient with their emails. I had emailed them asking about tour companies suggestions and never heard back. I honestly prefer to take care of things on my own because I dont like surprises when I get there. Thanks!

Washington DC
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anon - Question about tickitaly

Do not use this company. They have a nice looking website, but are very unhelpful and unprofessional.

I just got back from Italy and got burned by them with two reservations.

8. Re: Anon - Question about tickitaly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 05, 2009