We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doing Laundry

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
Doing Laundry

We're trying to pack light and thought we could do some wash when we get to Florence - is there any place reasonable and nearby the train station area? Thanks!

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doing Laundry

There is a chain of launderettes which has one shop in Via del Sole 29 R (for rosso - in Florence businesses have separate numbering) and one in Via della Scala 52. They are close to the station, but they are self service kind of places, so you would have to stay there for the duration, which is a bit of a waste unless you do it very early in the morning or late in the evening.

Firenze
Level Contributor
557 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doing Laundry

there is this chain called "wash and dry" who have a website that i can't find right now. They and "onda blu" are listed on this site however:

aboutflorence.com/firenze/wash-and-dry-a-Fir…

happy travels! from www.arttrav.com

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,465 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doing Laundry

Laundrettes in Florence -

Lucy & Rita, Via Serragli 71r, Oltrano (055 224 5360 do both dry cleaning and hand wash

Tintoria Serena, Via della Scala 30 - 32r, Santa Maria Novella (055 281 1830 dry cleaning and self service wash

Wash & Dry, have at least five branches -

Via Nazionale 129r, San Lorenzo (055 580 480)

Via della Scala 52 -54r,Santa Maria Novella

Via dei Servi 105r, San Marco

Via dei Serragli 87r, Oltrano

Via Ghibellina 143r, Santa Croce

These are all I have been able to track down; I hope one is close enough to your hotel. The Train Station is in Santa Maria Novella

Florida
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Doing Laundry

Thanks everyone for all your helpful information!

usa
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Doing Laundry

iluvusa --- I would like to suggest to you to just bring along a small bottle of woolite soap and rinse out clothes and hang to dry, that is my way to save $$$ or euros for sure, then I bring some of those compression bags (very inexpensive at walmart or target) ...along with you to re-pack damp laundry. I love using these bags for so many things while traveling!

hope this idea helps...

San Diego...
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Doing Laundry

Traveler,

Are those compression bags from Walmart the ones you roll out the air out of them? I tried those once and I couldn't get them enough air out of them to make a difference...it didn't matter how hard I rolled!!

usa
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Doing Laundry

Cmoni -- re using the compression bags---

I found to just don't "overpack" them an they work like a charm especially for sweatshirts and bulky type items. They need to be handled with some TLC not forced. ..usually after proper roll, they will just "breathe", let out air at oppisite end of seal and compress nicely. I use embark brand - 2 large and 1 medium for bulky items and just pack the rest as usual in 1 large & 1 small rolling suitcases to take care of traveling for a month. But I do pack lighter than some others I've traveled along with.