We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservations for Bargello, Pitti, etc.?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Daly City, CA
7 posts
Save Topic
Reservations for Bargello, Pitti, etc.?

I have reservations for the Uffizi and the Accademia but not for other museums. Should I have made reservations for the Bargello, etc. too?

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservations for Bargello, Pitti, etc.?

I didn't go to the Bargello, but when I passed by there were no lines; none at the Pitti which I did visit. I would say no reservations needed. My impression is these don't have the draw of the Uffizi and Accademia.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reservations for Bargello, Pitti, etc.?

You're in good shape already, with the reservations that you do have. Although the Pitti/Boboli Gardens and the Bargello both are worthy for a visit, I've never encountered a significant wait at either in my 5 or 6 visits to the two.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,156 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reservations for Bargello, Pitti, etc.?

I agree, don't miss the Pitti/Boboli, we love them. Get lost in the gardens and wander around for a couple of hours. We've never been to crowded there but have REALLY enjoyed it.

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reservations for Bargello, Pitti, etc.?

If there's any special exhibition during the period in which you are going to be in Florence (like the Botticelli exhibition last year, or the Canaletto exhibition in Rone now), which you would like to see, you're probably better off trying to reserve a slot for that too. Even if, I did that and when I went, there wasn't a huge queue.

Enjoy your trip !!

San Diego
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Reservations for Bargello, Pitti, etc.?

If the reservations won't bust your budget; if these other museums are on your 'must see' list; if you are on a tight schedule; and/or you are traveling with anyone who hates to wait in line - then you should make reservations for your own peace of mind.

I made reservations for almost everything before our trip to Italy last fall and we were able to see everything on our must-see list. Plus, the time you don't spend in line can be spent exploring the city, which is how we discovered the "Museo delle Grandi Macchine di Leonardo da Vinci" in Florence.

By the way, we showed up to the Uffizi about an hour before the time on our reservations and they let us in with the next group. We weren't so lucky at Accademia as they made us come back at the exact time on the reservations.