We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel San Michele Function Room?

Which Cortona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel San Michele Function Room?

Hi,

I'm getting married in Cortona next year. There are about 20-25 guests coming over and we are having the reception at Toninos restaurant.

We wanted to stay at Villa Marsili (looks lovely!) but they have no small function room for after the restaurant (we will need to leave the restaurant around 11:30). They will allow us use of their bar and garden but other hotel guests will be there also and we wanted something a bit more private.

Hotel San Michele seem to have a small function room that accommodates around 30 people. I was just wondering if anyone has ever been in this function room and what it is like? I can't find much in terms of pictures of it on their website.

Also, if anyone has any other recommendations for hotels in the area I'd really appreciate it too!

Thanks,

Katy

Firenze
Level Contributor
557 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel San Michele Function Room?

hi katy

i'm afraid I don't know, but Hotel San MIchele is very nice and their staff very professional, so why don't you write telling them that your choice of their hotel for 25 people would be based on what this room looks like, and have them send you photos?

Dinner at Tonino's is a classic, always very nice and well presented.

Enjoy!

Alexandra

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,508 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel San Michele Function Room?

Yes, I can also vouch for the hotel, fabulous terrazza and the food was wonderful last time I stayed there, but I didn't see the function room, so can't comment on that.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel San Michele Function Room?

Thanks for the replys, we are going over in August for a visit so we will be able to take a look at the function room then!

Our first choice was villa marsili, but I'm thinking now that San Michele is in a better location and also nice and close to Toninos (I think!).

4. Re: Hotel San Michele Function Room?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 01, 2012