We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green Motion Car Rental

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Green Motion Car Rental

Hi

Has any one used Green Motion car rental -pick up from Pisa airport?

I have booked a Tuscany trip with car hire through Secret Escapes for the first week of October. After reading the reviews on Goldcar and TA's advice on changing to a more reputable company, I rang the travel agent -Jetline - to check what car hire company I was going to get. The Travel agent told me that they have stopped using Goldcar because of the complaints and now use Green Motion (HQ based in London). The agent also told me that I can pre-pay the CDW so I don't have that headache when I pick up the car.

I cannot find any reviews (which may be a good thing) on Green Motion in Italy let alone Pisa. I was ready to book my own car hire with Avis or Hertz but don't want to unfairly dismiss GM. The only thing I know is that they have their own separate GM shuttle bus.

Thanks in advance.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
1. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!

When I got there someone was supposed to meet me but after half an hour of waiting I had to get another car company that had an office at the airport to contact them and see where the driver was.

In the end the car was great but when they asked for my credit card details to keep on record they said no money would be taken out. They then still took out £350 without my say so and never returned it even though I emailed and rang them on a daily basis. No one ever got back to me and they kept saying that they had refunded it but wouldn't give me any details of when they did it. Obviously they were lying.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

Please use Hertz. You can prepay everything (take the insurance to reduce to 0 excess) and I prefer the full to empty gasoline policy myself. But then I drive enough to empty a tank.

Boston...
Level Contributor
734 posts
1 review
3. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

Here are the car rental companies recognized by Pisa Airport.

pisa-airport.com/aeroporto_di_pisa_78.html

Any company not on the list is not authorized. Additionally, some of the authorized companies should not be used. I would only consider Avis, Hertz, and Europecar. Yes, they will be more expensive.

Santa Cruz...
3 posts
1 review
4. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

Do not use Green Motion! Green Motion is the worst company I have EVER done business with and will work hard to protect others from their rude, lying employees--who of course, refused to give me their names or their business cards when telling me they were going to charge me for damage. I have pictures of the car where they claim their is damage and you can't see anything!

LIE #1: I hired them through Expedia.com--at Expedia they go by Ace Car Rental. Of course I didn't know that until I was looking for Green Motion at the airport and NONE of the shuttle drivers had any clue who Ace was but one of them was nice enough to lend me his mobile so I could call the company. You can imagine my surprise when "Green Motion" answers and says that no, their listing in Expedia is wrong, they don't have a shuttle from the airport. We have to take public transport and pay for it but they will reimburse us when we get there.

That right there adds up to THREE LIES so far. I double checked my Expedia booking and yes indeed, it did say "shuttle from airport." The third lie is because they refused to reimburse us when we got there and claimed it would be a complicated process of going through the neighboring hotel to buy shuttle tickets for the way home that we could then get reimbursed!!!

Let's just skip to rental drop off (1.5 days later): they told us that they were going to charge us (which amounted in SIX SEPARATE CHARGES $47.11 USD, $503.97 USD, $503.97 USD, $251.99 USD, $251.99 USD, $251.99 USD totaling $1611.02 PLUS all the foreign transaction fees for all these charges AND the bus fair that they claim to reimburse but blatantly denied!) HOW HAS THIS COMPANY NOT BEEN SHUT DOWN ALREADY?

5. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 07, 2015