We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Classic car - Alfa Romeo rental in Tuscany/Florence

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Topic
Classic car - Alfa Romeo rental in Tuscany/Florence

My husband and I want to rent an Alfa Romeo for a day trip from Florence into the Tuscan countryside. I've found one place online that rents Alfas in the are but it seems quite expensive. Has anyone rented a classic car in Tuscany and have ANY advice?

Thank you!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,387 posts
1,543 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Classic car - Alfa Romeo rental in Tuscany/Florence

Any classic or prestige car will be expensive to rent.

europeluxurycarhire.com/rent-luxury-cars-ita…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,578 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Classic car - Alfa Romeo rental in Tuscany/Florence

Alfa Romeo has been owned by Fiat since 2007. Recent Alfa Romeos are really only a Fiat with a different body.

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Classic car - Alfa Romeo rental in Tuscany/Florence

Thank you for the reply but that site does not rent Alfas. Do you know of a site that rents classic alfa spiders?

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Classic car - Alfa Romeo rental in Tuscany/Florence

Hi,

Found this site chianticlassiccar.com/cars-alfa-romeo-spider…

We used to own an Alfa SZ (only a 1000 were made) with the classic Alfa 3.0 V6, doubt it's listed on many rental companies though!

Unfortunately we never got to drive it to Italy.

mesh

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Classic car - Alfa Romeo rental in Tuscany/Florence

Auto Europe rents all types of cars, for a price though like AVIS. If you have the $$$ you can get what you want. As for a classic car rental I would go for a newer rental. The new Fiat 500 is delightful fun and safe car for the winding roads of Chianti. If you want a bit more lux they have convertibles, Jags and Mercedes if you want.

6. Re: Classic car - Alfa Romeo rental in Tuscany/Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, May 04, 2013