We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bathing Establishments - Versilia coast

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Bathing Establishments - Versilia coast

Please can someone tell me about the bagno - bathing establishments. How do they work? How much do they cost per person per day? No pricing information on their websites. Can anyone recommend a bagno in N Tuscany where I can take my 83 year old mother for a day out who just wants a chair, an umbrella, a good view of the sea, and a nice restaurant.

pisa
Level Contributor
752 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bathing Establishments - Versilia coast

coasts for an umbrella and two chears depens on the bgno: there are cheaper and more expensive...they usually go form 25euros to 50 and more euros per day in viareggio, torre del lago or lido di camaiore. forte dei marmi is more expensiv. on sunday prices are higher...

less expensiv is marina di vecchiano (10-15euros per day), but you may love it or not...look: www.marinadivecchiano.it/inglese/index.asp

cheers

silvia

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bathing Establishments - Versilia coast

As Silvietta says, it completely depends on where you go, but usually the price includes chair(or group of chairs) and umbrella. They all have prime position on the seafront, and most of them have a restaurant or bar, and shower facilities. Where are you going to be based?

Carrara, Italy
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bathing Establishments - Versilia coast

a nice choice could be Marina di Massa, on the boarder with Forte dei Marmi (that location is called RONCHI or CINQUALE) you find beautiful bagni, bu not that expensive...I know BAGNO PARK, food is just great!

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bathing Establishments - Versilia coast

Thank you everyone for your helpful comments. We are going to be staying in Lunigiana, a 30 minute car ride on the autostrada into Boca de Magra. We can go to any bagno between there and Forte di Marmi. although if we stay in the north, then it won't be so far to travel with mum. Fiumaretta/ Marina di Massa/ Marina di Carrara would be ideal. I really want somewhere we can walk in and all the facilities are on hand, mum is not that great a walker.

So here is the picture - disabled parking not too far away, nice daytime eating outside restaurant (no more than Euros 30 per head), chairs and umbrellla close at hand on beach on in garden with a bit of a view of the sea (cost not important if reasonable). Can anyone suggest bago names please. Many thanks.

Carrara, Italy
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bathing Establishments - Versilia coast

Marina di Carrara is very convenient for you, beach clubs close to the highway exit and with their own parking, try Bagno Sandro or Bagno Conte

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bathing Establishments - Versilia coast

Just what I wanted - names! I have never been inside one of these bagnos before, does anyone have photos of these two? Strangely, very few of the bagnos have websites. I think this is an opportunity the bagnos are missing. Maybe the Italians know what to expect, but for first timers from abroad, we don't.

Carrara, Italy
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bathing Establishments - Versilia coast

I live in Carrara, if you want to send me a message with your email, I can go and ask them to get in touch with you

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bathing Establishments - Versilia coast

It is so nice of you to offer to visit the bagno for me. This is far too much trouble to put you to ....... we only want to visit for the day, so I think the best thing is to turn up at the end of May and see for ourselves. Your offer is very much appreciated. I will let you know how we get on....... many thanks

Carrara, Italy
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bathing Establishments - Versilia coast

Feel free to contact me for any assistance in the area!

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bathing Establishments - Versilia coast

We had a wonderful time with mum and she can't wait to return next summer. However, we never did get to one of the beaches. Time flew by. However I have just returned from another trip (this time without mum) and the weather was so hot we tried out the public swimming pool in Villafranca (in Lunigiana). It was great. It has an olympic size swimming pool, three pools for the children, and cost only 5 euros entrance fee. Loungers and umbrellas were available, and there was a park area to escape the sun, a restaurant and bar. Just outside the pool entrance was a lovely pizza restaurant with gardens. Also there are mountain views all around.