We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Having trouble finding the "perfect" villa rental

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Having trouble finding the "perfect" villa rental

I'm looking for the perfect villa in Tuscany for Summer 2010. We plan to spend 2 weeks, so we want to make sure we find the right place. There are 3 of us (2 adults + 6 year old), so we don't need anything huge. But, we do want a private pool and we want to be within walking distance to a small village (I have this idea that I'll wander into town each morning for coffee). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Having trouble finding the "perfect" villa rental

Dsw

Well done for starting your homework well in advance. Its never to early to start planning for a Tuscan Holiday.

Since there is only a small group of you, most villas with there own private pool; I have come across start from being able to sleep 6. Therefore if you want to stay in a Villa, without sharing a pool like in Villa complex that rents out just rooms,(for smaller parties like yours),you will certainly pay more for the privilege. Other buildings that would possibly cater to your requirements and be cheaper would be classed as a house "casa". You might even come across a hunting lodge.

Today and yesterday various people have asked similar questions. But they have stated preferred areas of Toscana as well. Do you have any since? Since the various experts will I'm sure provide various pointers. What do you prefer, mountains, beaches, art , music?Do you have a budget as well?

Heres my pointers

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187893-i67-k265…

Best regards

Dr L

London
Level Contributor
456 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Having trouble finding the "perfect" villa rental

Hi,

Have a look at http://www.tuscanviews.com I use them since 2005 and they have a lot of villas in Tuscany. The manager leaves there and she's vey helpful.

Meggy

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Having trouble finding the "perfect" villa rental

Hello Dr. L,

Thanks so much for the reply. We are pretty open to where we go, although we love food and wine (so that could be anywhere I know) and we like hills rather than flat plains or commercial zones. we are looking for a country experience but with the ability to walk to a village and be part of traditional tuscan life. We ould probably like to go into a larger city for a day or two, but only for a couple of hours.

Thanks again so much for the advice. We are really looking forward to our trip.

yours,

dsw

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Having trouble finding the "perfect" villa rental

Thanks Meggy....

we will check it out. We appreciate any advice you have.

yours,

dsw

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Having trouble finding the "perfect" villa rental

Dsw, not a problem I hope all the information everyone provides helps you find a lovely place. We use www.ownersdirect.co.uk. Never had any bad experiences from it and found our latest favorite place on that same web site. You can visit www.villarosatuscany.com and see what you think. Ownersdirect offers great easy to use search engines and you can specify a variety of different places and facilities you would like.

You can't go wrong

Regards

Dr L

Toronto
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Having trouble finding the "perfect" villa rental

http://www.scopetaccio.it I am not sure if 2km is walking distance to a village, but it seems at least a very short ride.

London
Level Contributor
456 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Having trouble finding the "perfect" villa rental

I always rented large villas with friends, the smallest one was Il Maggio that has 3 double and 1 single and it is within walking distance from the main square of Sarteano but has an amazing jacuzzi instead of a pool. It is a really lovely villa, tuscan style and every details is perfect.

Sarteano is a less known village but it is a good base to tour Val d'Orcia and southern Tuscany.

Meggy

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Having trouble finding the "perfect" villa rental

C meggy.. just going of the thread... do you think a jacuzzi is better than a pool?

Maybe a pool would be better if you had kids ..... ?

What do you think?

Regards

Dr L

London
Level Contributor
456 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Having trouble finding the "perfect" villa rental

I think that a pool is better than a jacuzzi for kids but Il Maggio's one is built as a small pool and it culd be fun for a 6 yo but I don't have kids so....I just think the villa could be perfect for the parents.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Having trouble finding the "perfect" villa rental

Thanks meggy...

by the way all the best for next year

Dr L