We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catania Airport to Villa Floresta B&B

Which Taormina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
27 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Catania Airport to Villa Floresta B&B

Hello there!

I am planning our transportation from Catania Airport to our hotel (Villa Floresta B&B) for our honeymoon and have hit two road blocks...I am hoping someone can help!

Here is our itinerary so far:

DEPART Philadelphia, PA (PHL) 28April2014 @ 6:45pm (18:45)

ARRIVE Venice, IT (VCE) 29April2014 @ 9:15am (9:15)

DEPART Venice, IT (VCE) 29April2014 @ 1:00pm (13:00)

ARRIVE Catania, IT (CTA) 29April2014 @ 2:45pm (14:45)

I have read that I have two options for transportation to Taormina....

INTERBUS and TRENITALIA

On the Interbus website, I have found a bus that says it departs at 15:45 and arrives at 17:11. Unfortunately when I go to www.onbus.it to book, that time is not available. Does this mean that this bus is all booked up? Will we be able to take this bus if we don't purchase a ticket in advance (we were trying to save a few bucks by doing it in advance).

After that didn't work I looked into Trenitalia.

Again I have type in my itinerary (Catania Centrale TO Taormina-Giardini) and although I see a time of 15:46 for departure, it says it is not available for purchase. :(

We will have been traveling for MANY hours...so we just want the fastest and cheapest so we can start relaxing ASAP!!! We are willing to splurge if it saves significant time. We are not afraid of public transit but if someone tells us it's worth it to splurge for direct transport we would definitely consider it!

Thanks so much!

Theresa & Scott

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Catania Airport to Villa Floresta B&B

Since there's no train station at Catania's airport, your only option from the airport is the direct Interbus service to Taormina.

If you were to take the train, you would first take the Alibus from the airport into Catania, and then take the train to Taormina, and then take a bus from the Taormina train station located below town up to town.

There is no need to purchase this ticket in advance. Purchase your tickets at the biglietteria at the airport, and validate the ticket on the bus.

http://www.segesta.it/Biglietterie.aspx

Vagabonda

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
27 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catania Airport to Villa Floresta B&B

Vagabonda--

I knew you would come to the rescue! Thank you! I was definitely not clear that the trains were not located at the airport and in town so it would have been quite a disappointment had I booked the rail ticket!!

Thanks for everything!!

Theresa

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Catania Airport to Villa Floresta B&B

My pleasure Theresa P, and best wishes!

Vagabonda

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
293 posts
932 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catania Airport to Villa Floresta B&B

Dear Vagabond

We have a similar question re getting from Catania Airport to Taormina however we cannot seem to get access to the Segesta website or it does not seem to have schedules loaded for September when we are travelling. Our flight is scheduled to get into Catania at 4.00pm and we are trying to find out if the bus to Taormina will be operating after this time.

Does the bus operate into the late afternoon/early evening and if so how often do they run? Our other option is to take a hire car.

We look forward to your advice.

Regards

Linda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,584 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Catania Airport to Villa Floresta B&B

Hi LindaDownunder

Schedules will update prior to your arrival in September.

http://www.interbus.it/Home.aspx

On the current schedule, Interbus departs the airport for Taormina at 17,45 and 19,45.

Best regards,

Vagabonda

6. Re: Catania Airport to Villa Floresta B&B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 04, 2015