We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taormina to Etna

Which Taormina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Taormina to Etna

Hi All,

I am travelling to Taormina in three days and would like to do serious trekking to Mount Etna, the highest possible. I have read Vagabonda posts from which I conclude that these two are the top places according to what I want to do:

guidetnanord.com/en/excursions-mount-etna.asp

www.etnaguide.eu/en/excursions/summit-area

However, like most of us, I have no means to reach their starting point which is Piano Provenzana and Rifugio Sapienza respectively. Therefore my question: is there any means of public (or affordable private) transport to get either Piano Provenzana or Rifugio Sapienza from Taormina? if not, what about from Catania?

Eventually, any well known companies departing from Taormina and doing almost identical excursions like the ones above (not interested in wine tasting and all that)?

Last but not least, I found the one below on public transport from Catania to get Rifugio Sapienza but not sure whether this is still valid for Sept 2013. Would also appreciate any help on how to get Taormina to Piazza Giovanni in Catania (sorry, it's my first time in Sicily) ?

www.etnatracking.com/en/mount-etna-transport

aziendasicilianatrasporti.it/opencms/opencms…

All information is more than welcome, many thanks in advance !

Grazzie a tutti !!

1. Re: Taormina to Etna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Taormina