We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sicily

Miami, Florida...
3 posts
Save Topic
Sicily

Hi , I am staying 12 days in Sicily and I

Want to visit Tahormina. Please advise me if it is better to stay I Catania and drive to Taormina or stay directly in Tahormina. Thanks.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,102 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sicily

Welcome to Sicily Maggie R!

If you'd like to see Taormina, then stay in Taormina. Early mornings and evenings (once the day trippers have gone) are the most beautiful times of the day in Taormina.

If you rent a car, don't base in Catania - Avoid driving in Catania. If you plan to rent a car, base outside Catania.

Best wishes!

Vagabonda

Edited: 12:22 pm, August 14, 2013
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
7 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sicily

Hello,

I am renting a car at the Catania airport two weeks from today for 6 days. I have a reservation for an automatic 5 passenger car from Hertz for about $400 US. Is that a good price? I do have an IDP certificate but will there be other charges that Hertz will be charging me. What else do I need to watch out for when renting a car in Sicily? I'll just be travelling around Taormina/Siracusa, small day trips.

Thanks!

3. Re: Sicily

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 10, 2014