We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reputable car hire firms in Sicily.

Which Taormina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
reputable car hire firms in Sicily.

Hello

I am visiting Scily from the 3rd August until 10th August, I wish to hire a car in Messina. I have looked at the reliable car firms e.g. AVIS... however they do not seem to be open on Saturday afternoon when we arrive and when we leave.

What can be done about this? Are there any car hire firms that stay open past 1pm on Saturdays so we can pick the car up?

This trip relies on the use of a ca as we shall drive to palermo and Taormina! Do i have to cancel the whole trip?

Thank you

Sofia

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,479 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: reputable car hire firms in Sicily.

Avoid driving in Palermo!

Airports are optimal locations for weekend car hires.

Take public transport or a transfer to Taormina and hire the car in Taormina. Avis is conveniently located at Taormina’s Porta Messina with Saturday and Sunday hours.

Return the car prior to arriving in Palermo.

Vagabonda

Edited: 7:43 am, June 17, 2013
2. Re: reputable car hire firms in Sicily.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Taormina