We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Taormina from Messina

cleveland, ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get to Taormina from Messina

We are arriving in Messina at 10:00 and leaving at 18:00. Been to Mt Etna previously and briefly saw TAORMINA, thought this time to spend the whole day there. Car rental doesn't work sinse we are there on a Saturday, trains appear to be fully booked. Is a bus a good choice? Is it close to the pier, where can i find a schedule? Any other suggestions for what to do in Messina? THANKS LOADS.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
376 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Taormina from Messina

Messina has many fine seafood restraunts if that's your thing. It is a nice place to spend a day looking at the shops. At midday there's a church tower with a beautiful display and music. I would think getting. Bu to toaromina would actually be the quickest way to get there.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
104,228 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Taormina from Messina

Welcome to Sicily briocoffee!

That isn’t very much time to venture too far from Messina via public transport - Messina: Messina to Taormina:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187889-c191827/Messi…

If you were to venture from Messina, consider the ship’s transport or prearrange a driver.

This thread discusses the main attractions in Messina - Cruise Port to Train Station:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187889-i2142-k433…

Vagabonda

3. Re: Best way to get to Taormina from Messina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 12, 2014