We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taormina for 3 days in may

Which Taormina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Taormina for 3 days in may

Hi this is my 1 st visit to sicily.My husband and me are arriving in catania on 14 th may and intending to take a transfer directly to taormina. I cant get the bus timetable site to open on my computer. Is it easy to get a bus ticket on arrival? We are staying for 3 nights at hotel villa paradiso. Is the hotel walking distance from the bus station or will we need a taxi? Do you think a hotel pick up would be more convenient from the airport?

On the day we arrive, we'll probably reach by afternoon. What do u suggest we do in taormina for half the day?

Planning mt etna the next day and syracusa the following day.Any better suggestions?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,076 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taormina for 3 days in may

Yes, exit Arrivals at Catania’s airport, turn right, and you would see the Etna Trasporti buses for Taormina– Purchase the ticket prior to boarding the bus and validate the ticket immediately upon entering the bus.

http://www.interbus.it/Orarietariffe.aspx?locPartenza=[11&locArrivo=0%287155&DataPartenza=14/05/2013

Taormina's bus station is located near Porta Messina on via L. Pirandello across from the funivia.

planetware.com/map/taormina-map-i-taor.htm

gotaormina.com/en/…public_transport.html

Hotel Villa Paradiso is located 1 kilometre from the bus station.

hotelvillaparadisotaormina.com/uk/posizione.…

You might prearrange your own transfer from the airport for the best rates - Catania airport-Taormina €69,00.

http://www.newtravelservices.net/

The Teatro Greco is Taormina’s main attraction, but wander the streets and enjoy this beautiful mediaeval hill town.

Messina - Mid May:

tripadvisor.com/…40342072

Mount Etna and Siracusa are perfect excursions for your next days – Enjoy!

Vagabonda

Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taormina for 3 days in may

Thanks vagabonda for your prompt reply! The information was really useful! We'll probably pre arrange an airport transfer!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,076 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taormina for 3 days in may

It was my pleasure Yams14 - I've also responded to your earlier thread, tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k6229…

The transfer is so convenient and stress-free, especially if you were thinking of taking a taxi from the bus station to the hotel.

Buon viaggio!

Vagabonda

4. Re: Taormina for 3 days in may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 19, 2014