We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt. Etna

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Mt. Etna

We are taking our 10 year old to Sicily and would like to take him to Mt. Etna. we are there Easter weekend. Does anyone know if there are tours offered on Good Friday? Grazie

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,185 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Mt. Etna

Yes, it's great to hear you had a wonderful time Sicily11340 and thank you for reporting back!

Contact Cefalù's Polizia Municipale - …cefalu.pa.it/comune/…Uffici.aspx

Find suggestions for the parking ticket - Need help with parking ticket in Catania:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187888-i735-k4134…

It's been a pleasure - All the best!

Vagabonda

Stornoway
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Mt. Etna

We are planning on going to Sicily in June and are staying in Taormina, we have 2 young kids, one 5 years and the other 17 months, what is the easiest way of reaching Etna, and would you advise a guided tour. Is it possible to take a pram part of the way up, and could the 5 year old walk the rest of the way?which side of Mt Etna will be better to take-sought or north.My son(5 year old) is very excited to see lava and the crater with steam

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,185 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Mt. Etna

Welcome to Sicily TaniaNicolson!

Will you hire a car?

Zafferana Etnea and Nicolosi are the gateway towns to Mount Etna and Rifugio Sapienza. There is a loop you can drive on the volcano from one to the other via Rifugio Sapienza where the Etna funivia is located - Rifugio Sapienza is the highest point you can drive on the mountain.

http://www.funiviaetna.com/

Rifugio Sapienza is the furthest you could go with a pram, but you could certainly walk the Silvestri Craters and take the funivia with your children.

Etna with a 5 year old child:

tripadvisor.com/…48599996

Vagabonda

Stornoway
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Mt. Etna

thank you for the quick answer

Where would be the bst place to hire a car?

Can we take a bus from Taormina to Rifugio Sapienza? and then we will take the funivia.

Would it be better to book any transport in advance, or can we just get this on the day?

Would you advise a guide for tours?

thank you

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Mt. Etna

Could you please let me know where I can get the circumetnea train time table for June 2013 and if possible,where I can book in advance.

16. Re: Mt. Etna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 22, 2014