We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taormina late october

Brighton, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Taormina late october

i am travelling to Sicily late october and was planning to stay in Taormina and i just read in a forum that its dead at this time, i thought it was a town so surely it will still be fairly busy all year?? We prefer it when there arent too many crowds but wouldnt relish the idea of empty restaurants..

any ideas???

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,574 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taormina late october

Welcome to Sicily roverbond!

Late October is still an acceptable time to visit Taormina - Taormina is a seasonal town and November is low season when things begin to shut down.

Best wishes!

Vagabonda

Poquoson, Virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taormina late october

We are also traveling to Sicily in late October. I am unable to walk up inclines but but have no trouble walking down. How close can a car or taxi get to Greco Teatro? Also the highest point of Corso Umberto? Thanks

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,574 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taormina late october

Welcome to Sicily honeybee7t5!

Corso Umberto is fairly easily reached by driving to Porta Catania - Porta Catania and Corso Umberto are flat.

Although a taxi could drive fairly near the Teatro Greco, your difficulty will be within the Teatro Greco.

Disabled access:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187892-i344-k1821…

Vagabonda

Poquoson, Virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taormina late october

Thanks so much, Vagabonda! Your comment and link are very helpful.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,574 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taormina late october

My pleasure honeybee7t5 - Hope you enjoy!

Vagabonda

6. Re: Taormina late october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, December 16, 2013