We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses around Siracusa

Nieporet, Poland
14 posts
Save Topic
Buses around Siracusa

Hello,

can anyone tell me how I can find a bus schedule in Siracusa? I know there is AST company resposible for the city transport, but their webpage contains too little information. More specifically, I need to get from Corso Gelone to Best Western Hotel Siracusa (Contrada Spalla - 96010). I know there isn't any bus stop in the vicinity, but I could walk 2-3 km from the bus stop.

I'd be grateful for any help.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,359 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses around Siracusa

Welcome to Sicily apple_cookie!

Yes, AST runs Siracusa’s Servizio Urbano, but the Best Western is located in Melilli, so you would not take the local service.

Public transportation from Best Western Siracusa to Siracusa

tripadvisor.com/…48025182

Vagabonda

Nieporet, Poland
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses around Siracusa

Thank you very much, Vagabonda! I also noticed that there is a train station relatively close to the hotel - Stazione Targia. Just in case - do you have any idea how often they go and where I can find a schedule? I looked for the schedule on Trenitalia page and no solution was found.

Nieporet, Poland
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses around Siracusa

May I have another question? I looked up Melilli on Google Maps and it seems quite far away from Auchan or the hotel:

https://maps.google.pl/maps?q=Priolo+Siracusa&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&ei=dtaHUZeoBIWu4QTVxYH4Bg&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg

Are you sure there is a bus stop by Auchan? And do you happen to know what line exactly goes there?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,359 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses around Siracusa

The train isn’t useful – If you were to take the train, the Siracusa train station (5-6 km from the hotel) is the best option, and then a 10-15 EUR taxi. This station is the best for securing a taxi.

You would enter Siracusa and Targia on the Trneitalia site, but Stazione Targia is still 2-3 km from the hotel, requiring a taxi.

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

And the train to Stazione Targia routes via the Priolo-Melilli station, which is only 4-5km from the hotel, but also requiring a taxi.

Vagabonda

Nieporet, Poland
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses around Siracusa

Well, from what I see, Targia Stazione is about 1 km from the hotel, which is perfect, but there are only 4 trains per day and most of them need a change, although the distance is only 6-7 km from the city centre. Or am I missing something?

So if you could just tell me what bus number goes to Auchan in Melilli (and what is the name of the bus stop), I would be eternally grateful :)

modica
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses around Siracusa

The Best Western is right in front fo the Auchan so ay bus going to the centro commerciale will be fine. Technically all that area is called Melilli, but it is fact a long way from Melilli the town - and much closer to Siracusa - a typical Italian clever piece of naming. Any bus for Priolo, Targia or even Scala Greca will pass close. Extraurbani for Catania, Priolo will also pass. Alternatively call or email the hotel and ask them.

Nieporet, Poland
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses around Siracusa

Thank you so much, modicasa! The people at the hotel say there is no bus stop near them. It's a bit strange, but maybe they want me to order their taxi or we just have different understanding of the word "near" :)

The last information (I think) I need is the name of the bus stop. I'm sure I'll notice Auchan when I'm on the bus, but first I have to check what buses go there exactly. Does anyone one the name of the bus stop?

Nieporet, Poland
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Buses around Siracusa

*does anyone KNOW

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buses around Siracusa

The right bus stop should be "città giardino", bus line #25 and #26.to and from corso Gelone.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,359 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Buses around Siracusa

There is no bus - I have checked with the hotel and AST, but will reconfirm with AST again in the morning!!

Vagabonda

Edited: 5:20 pm, May 06, 2013