We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant, parking, winery, agriturismo question....

Which Syracuse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newtown Ct
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
restaurant, parking, winery, agriturismo question....

We are flying into Catania on Oct. 12th at 1pm and will pick up our car rental and head down to Siracusa and we will be staying for two nights at Grand Hotel des Etrangers in Ortigia. I have read your restaurant recommendations for the area and plan to hit Regina Lucia. Is there anywhere that you would recommend for a nice lunch since I was thinking Lucia for a dinner. We plan to spend a day strolling around Ortigia and then a day around Siracusa itself. Sunday will be our last day with the car so I was thinking of driving south and going to Noto and maybe to Cos winery. I was hoping to stay there but they don't have any availability for Sunday night. I found an agriturismo called La Casa di Melo that is a small organic farm that looks very quaint. I was thinking Noto and Cos on Sunday would be plenty for the day. Then Monday we head up to Catania and return the rental car and then take the bus to Taormina. We are going to play the next four days by ear because we want to go to the Aeolian Islands but we need to be flexible for the weather. So hopefully three nights in Lipari/Stromboli and then the other two nights in Taormina. Then Friday night we are definitely staying in the Panoramic Hotel before we had out on Saturday afternoon.

Can I park anywhere in Ortigia near the hotel? Or in Siracusa itself?

Does my itinerary sound feasible?

Any other wineries near Siracusa instead of Cos if you think it's going to be too far?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
97,055 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant, parking, winery, agriturismo question....

Prego pporow13,

Sicilia in Tavola would be an excellent lunch option in Siracusa on Ortigia.

Your plan for Noto and La Casa di Melo is excellent!

Also contact Planeta near Noto - wine tour for 1 day in modica:

tripadvisor.com/…37967028

It’s good that you’ve allocated buffer days for the Aeolians – Contact the port in Milazzo prior to driving up to the port to be sure the ferries are running.

Grand Hotel des Etrangers could organise discount parking for you, or you could simply park at Talete on Ortigia.

gepapark.com/parcheggi_a_siracusa2.htm#talete

Sicily Itinerary--Please give imput:

tripadvisor.com/…43805365

Consult your other thread for winery suggestions….

9 days in Sicily in October - recommendations?:

tripadvisor.com/…44322236

Wishing you a wonderful holiday!

Vagabonda

2. Re: restaurant, parking, winery, agriturismo question....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Syracuse