We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oil and gourmet shop in Syracuse

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Oil and gourmet shop in Syracuse

Recently my wife and I came across a small shop in Ortigia run by a French ex-pat (I think his name is Jacques) selling Sicilian specialities including oil, chocolates, salt, wines, etc. I cannot remember the name of the store nor have the address. We did promise to send him a postcard once we returned to Australia. Can anybody help?

Sydney
Level Contributor
345 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oil and gourmet shop in Syracuse

Hi,

We sttayed at Palazzo del Sale, a little B& B, in Ortigia in June.

A young lady , who was the wife of owner of the store I think you are talking about in Via Cavour,worked at the B&B.I think her name was Michelle.

Try writing to Giovanni , the owner and perhaps he can help.

If you don't have any luck, I have a friend who lives in Ortigia ,who I can write to for you.

Hope this helps!

Sydney
Level Contributor
345 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oil and gourmet shop in Syracuse

Just remembered , her name is Melissa!

Hackensack, NJ
Level Contributor
87 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oil and gourmet shop in Syracuse

I believe we shopped at the same store and we also promised to send a postcard...I am at work but have the address at home and will post later. Great store and everything we bought there was terrific!

4. Re: Oil and gourmet shop in Syracuse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, August 03, 2012
Hackensack, NJ
Level Contributor
87 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oil and gourmet shop in Syracuse

Sorry for the delay in responding...I don't have the owner's name, but the address I have is: Olive, via Cavour 27, 96100 Siracusa Ortygia Italia.. I feel certain this was the same place....terrific local selection of products (food, oils, salts, etc.) that our folks at home loved!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oil and gourmet shop in Syracuse

Thank you so much for all of your replies.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oil and gourmet shop in Syracuse

Spot on. Thank you so much for your effort.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,102 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Oil and gourmet shop in Syracuse

Welcome to Sicily PerthEd!

Olive is a wonderful shop!

You can enjoy Modica’s famous Antica Dolceria Bonajuto (http://www.bonajuto.it) cioccolata Modicana in Siracusa at Olive, via Cavour 27 (0931.1854246).

www.facebook.com/note.php…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k5690…

Vagabonda

9. Re: Oil and gourmet shop in Syracuse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, December 18, 2013