We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in syracuse

Which Syracuse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
brooklyn
Level Contributor
99 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
hotels in syracuse

Was wondering whether anyone had stayed in Hotel Gran Bretagna recently -- the latest in TA seem to be in 2011. Any recommendations for hotel with largish rooms (we are two who need separate beds - snoring problem). We thought we should stay in Ortigia, but maybe we should think outside that particular box if the quality and size improves once you are further out by the sea. Is this true?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
97,075 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in syracuse

Given that’s it’s been low season, an October review is fairly current. Ortigia is by the sea, and quality and size would not improve once you are further out.

The Royal Maniace Hotel on Ortigia would be able to accommodate your request.

Vagabonda

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
306 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in syracuse

I stayed at L'Approdo della Sirene in a room with a sea view. It was spacious for a European room. I really enjoyed staying there. Highly recommend it.

This coming visit I am staying in a very reasonably priced two bedroom at Aretusa Vacanza. We were looking for a room with two connecting bedrooms and one bath and they had it. It might be a good solution for you.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
97,075 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in syracuse

A flat would be a very good option – You would appreciate the extra space…

Ferry from Palermo to Naples:

tripadvisor.com/…31366914

Vagabonda

brooklyn
Level Contributor
99 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in syracuse

Many thanks, I will check it out.

brooklyn
Level Contributor
99 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels in syracuse

vagabonda you are amazing. I have been trolling through all your responses to not only my question but many others. Thank you so much for your sterling efforts. I will look into your suggestions and know I will find just the right thing.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
97,075 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels in syracuse

Thanks ever so much printsmaniac – Much appreciated!

If you were to decide on a flat, you might also consider Casesicilia – The flats are lovely and beautifully positioned and located throughout Siracusa and Ortigia.

http://www.casesicilia.com/

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187891-d1045…

Enjoy your planning and good luck with your search for the perfect accommodation!

Kind regards,

Vagabonda

7. Re: hotels in syracuse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, April 06, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Syracuse