We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treno del barocco

Montréal
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Treno del barocco

Ciao,

Has anybody used the treno del barocco to visit Noto, Ragusa and Modica?

It is a free train running un Sundays during summer with stops in these cities.

Will it give us enough time to visit what is interesting in these 3 cities ?

Mille grazie for the advice.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Treno del barocco

I'm not sure. Here (in Italian) is the schedule:

guidasicilia.it/ita/…

In Noto and Modica, the city organizes activities, whatever they may be. Ragusa is visited on your own.

Personally, I don't think the time spent in each city is long enough. And those antique train carriages might be very hot.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,779 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Treno del barocco

This earlier thread discusses the Treno del Barocco.

The Treno Barocco del Val di Noto departs from Siracusa at 8.30.

day trips without a car from Siracusa/Ortygia:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k2885…

I agree with Zerlina - There's a very limited amount of time in each town.

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,779 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Treno del barocco

And it is not free!

siracusaweb.com/main/siracusaweb/notizie/rip…

RATES

The ticket price is 20 euros per adult and € 10 for children 5 to 18 years, free for children under 4 years, $ 10 for adults over the age of 65 years, also for groups with a minimum 20 people will be charged the price of 15 euros each, and includes a tasting of typical products.

In addition to various musical entertainment with songs and music of that time, travelers will be given a tour guide and some banquets for the tasting of typical products of the municipalities reached by train. To ensure proper accommodation for tourists and lovers, finally, government apit of municipalities and towns along the train will provide a shuttle service for transportation from the station to town centers.

If you would really like to explore each town, the Treno del Barocco may not be your best option, but if you’d like a quick look at each town, the Treno del Barocco would be a viable option.

Vagabonda

Montréal
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Treno del barocco

Mille grazie Zerlina & Vagabonda.

I was misled by this article from La Stampa that says in the last paragraph that "I 150 posti sono gratuiti".

lastampa.it/_web/…

I think we will visit these cities on our own.

Ciao

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,779 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Treno del barocco

Not high on sites, the beauty of a visit to these to towns is to enjoy local culture and cuisine - It takes time to wander, explore, experience, and "feel" these beautiful Baroque towns - You've made a good decision.

Vagabonda

6. Re: Treno del barocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 21, 2010