We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help getting to & from Palermo

Which Palermo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need help getting to & from Palermo

Hello! We have 2 adults, trying to fly from Venice to Palermo on Sun 4/6 and then from Palermo to Florence on Thur 4/10.... I am having a hard time finding direct flights and need help determining which airline is best (Ryan air vs. aitalia vs. any others). Many flights come from different airports at Venice & Florence.

Our main goal is simple travel- no/minimal connections, etc. price not as much of an issue.

Really lost here and would appreciate some help...

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,193 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help getting to & from Palermo

Welcome to Sicily af1960898!

Fly Alitalia, Air One or Volotea from Venice to Palermo.

Fly Ryanair from Venice Treviso to Palermo.

Fly Volotea from Palermo to Florence.

You might also fly Ryanair from Palermo to Pisa, and then there's direct bus service from the airport in Pisa to Florence.

pisa-airport.com/aeroporto_di_pisa_77.html

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,193 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help getting to & from Palermo

Alitalia from Venice direct to Palermo is your best option.

Book on the Italian website for the lowest Promo fares.

Save Money By Booking Alitalia Flights “Like a Local”:

roninrome.com/transportation/booking-alitali…

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,193 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help getting to & from Palermo

And Ryanair from Palermo to Pisa on 10 April is your best option.

Vagabonda

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help getting to & from Palermo

Vagabonda- youre the best!!

However, our plans have flip flopped.

We are now flying Florence to Palermo Sat 4/5: I see Alitalia for $235 but nothing nonstop ( we have to arrive by 5pm)

Palermo to Venice Thurs 4/10: I found an air One flight- direct- for $206/pp. is this a good price? I've never heard of this airline so I'm a bit nervous.

Also, would you recommend against bringing checked luggage since we have multiple flights within the week? I'm bit sure how trustworthy it be will be to have our luggage arrived on time..

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,193 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help getting to & from Palermo

Grazie mille af1960898!

If at all possible, cabin luggage only is the way to go.

Volotea flies between Florence and Palermo, but not every day, and unfortunately not on 4 April (assuming you didn't intend 5 May, which is a Sunday).

But consider flying from Pisa, because there is direct transport between Florence and the airport in Pisa.

www.pisa-airport.com/index.php…

If flying with only cabin luggage, consider the much less expensive Ryanair flight from Palermo to Venice Treviso.

The best -

Vagabonda

Boston
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help getting to & from Palermo

Hi,

This is a bit off topic. I'll be in Palermo 8 days from 25 marzo, and we're looking for bus trips to Agrigento, Erice, Segesta. So far I've had no luck searching multiple sites. Not talking about a public transport Pullman, but rather a day trip with perhaps a partly guided visit, but not a private guide in his/her own car. Does this kind of trip exist from Palermo?

Many thanks.

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help getting to & from Palermo

If you are flying Palermo to Venice on 4/10 you might find more options if you looked into flying Palermo to Milan instead and taking the train to Venice. Of Milan's two major airports -- Malpensa and Linate -- I believe Linate would be better placed for a train to venice as it is east of Milan, while Malpensa is west.

Another airport, Bergamo (Orio al Serio is I think the name), is further east still but I doubt there are many flights there from Palermo.

Artusi: You should post you question as a new thread, which I think will draw it to the attention of more people.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,193 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help getting to & from Palermo

Why fly to Milan for Venice when there are flights to Venice Treviso?

Excursion Sicily runs group bus excursions.

http://www.excursionsicily.com/

Vagabonda

Level Contributor
185 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help getting to & from Palermo

Chow Vagabonda!

Grazie for all the help so far on our trip to Italy. My husband and I have booked two flights in Italy with Volotea. Wondering if you have any experience with this airline? Prices are fantastic compared with Alitalia, etc... Please advise and Grazie again!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,193 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help getting to & from Palermo

Salve SanBil,

Volotea is a relatively new low-cost point-to-point Spanish airline with routes in Italy, some seasonal.

www.airlineratings.com/ratings/454/volotea

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187870-i57-k76104…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187870-i57-k62198…

Ciao -

Vagabonda