We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palermo to Rome flight

Which Palermo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Palermo to Rome flight

I am looking at getting the 7am flight from Palmerno to Rome in September to catch a 12.35pm flight to Brisbane. Will I have enough time or should I leave Palermo the night before?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,856 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palermo to Rome flight

Presumably the flight will arrive in Rome around 08.15. Provided it arrives at FCO, you will have plenty of time as you will not need to be in the check-in line until 09.35. If you arrive at CIA, it will be a tight connection.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,847 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Palermo to Rome flight

Welcome to Sicily Jan M!

If not booked on one itinerary, you would require 3-4 hours in FCO for this connection.

Vagabonda

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Palermo to Rome flight

I have booked flights from Brisbane to Rome with Cathay Pacific and am now looking at Easy Jet from Rome to Palerrmo return. So perhaps I should get a late afternoon flight from Palermo on the day before and stay at the Hotel at the airport? Or what would the overnight train on 24th be like?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,856 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palermo to Rome flight

The overnight train would be like hell.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,847 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Palermo to Rome flight

The earlier flights typically depart on-time, so with a 7.00 departure from Palermo and an 8.15 arrival at FCO, you should have sufficient time for this connection.

Alitalia offers the most frequent flights.

Be sure to arrive at the airport sufficiently early for your easyJet flight - 12.3.3 We recommend that You arrive at the airport 90 minutes before the scheduled time of departure of Your Flight but in any event, You must arrive more than 40 minutes before the scheduled time of departure of Your Flight otherwise We will not be able to accept You (or Your wheelchair or Guide or Assistance Dog) for carriage. From some airports where we operate longer Flights, We reserve the right not to accept You for travel if You are at the airport less than 60 minutes before the scheduled departure of Your Flight. Please check Your Confirmation Document for these limited exceptions.

http://www.easyjet.com/terms-and-conditions

Never take the overnight train - The overnight train is your least attractive option.

Train Rome to Palermo:

tripadvisor.com/…34649163

car rental or train from naples to Palermo: tripadvisor.com/…31360205

If you’re not comfortable connecting in the morning, then spend the night prior in Rome.

Best wishes!

Vagabonda

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Palermo to Rome flight

Thanks so much for your help. Cheers Jan

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,847 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Palermo to Rome flight

Wishing you a wonderful holiday Jan M!

Vagabonda

8. Re: Palermo to Rome flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 07, 2014