We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New SAIS Bus Station

Which Palermo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New SAIS Bus Station

Does anyone know exactly where this new bus station is and how I can get there from the train station in Palermo? Thanks!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,076 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New SAIS Bus Station

The SAIS Autolinee buses depart from Piazza Cairoli, (Piazzale Stazione FS) at the train station.

Palermo’s New Bus Station:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k5196…

Vagabonda

East Gwillimbury...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New SAIS Bus Station

Hi Vagabonda:

Can we buy our SAIS Autolinee bus ticket to Palermo in the Catania Airport? Is the address of the bus terminal in Palermo, Piazzetta Cairoli near Corso dei Mille? Would you recommend a reasonable priced hotel that we could walk to from the Palermo bus terminal with our luggage? If we stay near the bus terminal is it very far to Port Palermo Via Piano Dell'Ucciardone 4 as we are boarding a MSC Cruise the following day. Which mode of transportation would you recommend that we take to get to the port. Alternatively, are there hotels that offer their guests free transportation to the port. This might be worth considering even if the hotel is more money.

Thank you

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,076 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New SAIS Bus Station

Welcome to Sicily HeatherinEastG!

Yes, you would purchase your SAIS Autolinee bus tickets from Aeroporto Catania to Palermo at the SAIS Autolinee biglietteria at the airport - Catania: Box Sais Autolinee - Aeroporto Fontanarossa 339/4957643

And yes, Piazza Cairoli is the bus terminal in Palermo.

It’s at least a 40-minute walk from Palermo's bus station to via Piano Dell'Ucciardone 4.

Would you prefer a hotel near the train station or near the port?

The Ambasciatori is convenient for the bus station.

Hotel Ucciardhome or Hotel Vecchio Borgo would be convenient for via Piano Dell'Ucciardone.

Vagabonda

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New SAIS Bus Station

Hello ,

I am a bit confused,and wanted to clear it out,as i am traveling with my child,so do not want to run around in last moment.

Could someone help explain,where exactly is SAIS buses from Palermo,i am going to Catania.

I had looked at the map,but still confused.

Which is more best to get from Palermo Airport to get as much close to SAIS Buses for Catnia.

Where is Piazzia Cairoli?

Thank you

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,076 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New SAIS Bus Station

You would take the Prestia e Comandè bus from Palermo’s airport to Palermo Centrale, Palermo’s main train station - Palermo - P.zza Giulio Cesare (Staz. Centrale).

http://www.prestiaecomande.it/

Click on “Aereoporto Falcone Borsellino – Palermo”:

www.prestiaecomande.it/…

Then enter Palermo’s main train station to reach Piazza Cairoli. It’s next to Track 1.

Vagabonda

Edited: 5:46 am, April 29, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New SAIS Bus Station

Thank you

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New SAIS Bus Station

can i buy the tickets at the airport or at the bus?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,076 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New SAIS Bus Station

Prego iva-Ireland,

You would purchase the Prestia e Comandè tickets on the bus – Be sure to validate the tickets upon entering the bus as well.

Purchase the SAIS Autolinee tickets prior to boarding the bus and also validate the ticket - Biglietterie

Palermo: Agenzia SAIS AUTOLINEE - Piazza Cairoli, (Piazzale Stazione FS) Tel. 091/6166028

Vagabonda

East Gwillimbury...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: New SAIS Bus Station

Thank you kindly for your response.

Heather

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,076 posts