We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights from palermo to cagliari

Which Palermo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wagga
Level Contributor
96 posts
247 reviews
Save Topic
flights from palermo to cagliari

Hello to all.

my intitial research suggested that there were flights from palermo to cagliari (or I would consider any other pair of cities in sicily and sardinia) but now I am coming to organise things I can't find any actual direct flights. can anyone help me? or as a last resort any info on the ferry situation. we would be making this trip in early May.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,847 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: flights from palermo to cagliari

Ciao reins76,

Transport options are seasonal - Sicily to Northern Sardinia - Any way to get there direct?:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k5473…

Vagabonda

wagga
Level Contributor
96 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights from palermo to cagliari

Thanks Vagabonda

does this mean that in early - mid May there are no flights from anywhere in sicily to sardinia or they just haven't been posted yet?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,847 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: flights from palermo to cagliari

Prego reins76,

Routes and low-cost carriers change frequently, so it's early to know what will be available.

Perhaps consider the Tirrenia ferry service for a definitive booking.....

Vagabonda

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights from palermo to cagliari

We'll need to wait a bit longer to see WHETHER a Palermo/Cagliari direct air link will be offered next summer. Meridiana has dropped its subsidized flight. Ryanair connects Trapani and Palermo.

In early May, taking the direct Tirrenia ferry from Palermo to Cagliari (or Trapani/Cagliari) might not be such a bad idea. If you read DH Lawrence, you'll appreciate the advantages of arriving into Cagliari by sea. This ferry runs only ONCE per week, so you'll want to book in advance, especially if you want a cabin.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,847 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: flights from palermo to cagliari

Ryanair flies Trapani to Cagliari, and Terravision runs direct service from Palermo to Trapani Birgi, but beware the restricted luggage allowances on Ryanair.

www.terravision.eu/trapani_palermo.html

Vagabonda

wagga
Level Contributor
96 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flights from palermo to cagliari

thank you I'll take a look at that ryanair flight.

I have also been thinking that some of the indirect flights with Meridiana might note be so bad either

re the ferry- it is mostly the once a week part that i have a bit of a problem with as it will take some itinerary shuffling to get my departure to land on the right day

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flights from palermo to cagliari

We took the Ryanair flight from Cagliari to Trapani. It was very funny! We got drenched getting onto the plane; it flew straight up and got rough so all had to be seated. They obviously had to decide whether to sell food or scratchies in the short time left (it is probably equivalent to a flight from Canberra to Sydney) Naturally they opted for the scratchies. But overall the flight was fine.

8. Re: flights from palermo to cagliari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 09, 2014