We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

unsure about this hotel just off Via Oreto

Hungary
Level Contributor
33 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
unsure about this hotel just off Via Oreto

Hi there, may I ask anyone who knows this area?

I've booked a hotel Al Galileo Siciliano, in the hope that it's not right in the centre so it would be quiet at night and we can have good rest. It's also got good reviews online. But now that I've looked at google map, this area seems quite run down. Is it safe being so close to the train station? We will eat out in the evening, likely in the centre, so will it be alright to walk after dark? or should we take a bus?

Or should we just book somewhere else, like Politeama? In that case, would street noise at night be a big problem?

Thank you for your help!

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: unsure about this hotel just off Via Oreto

Thanks for your report Spingreen.

You could write and submit a review about hotel Europa when you have time...ciao.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,359 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: unsure about this hotel just off Via Oreto

Thanks for your report Springreen, and yes, copy and paste what you have already written and submit your report as a review - tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187890-d598601…

Best regards,

Vagabonda

13. Re: unsure about this hotel just off Via Oreto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Palermo