We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation somewhere between Palermo and Sciacca

Which Palermo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accomodation somewhere between Palermo and Sciacca

Hi

I am flying into Palermo late afternoon and I am looking for somewhere I can drive to (I have a rental car) to stay the night before driving the following morning to Sciacca where I am staying with family for three days.

I don't want to battle with Palermo traffic, and don't want a rubbish airport hotel, but hoping someone can suggest a place to stay that is in a nice spot where I can go out for dinner and wines, then sleep well before the drive the next day.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,262 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation somewhere between Palermo and Sciacca

Palermo’s airport is west of the city with easy access to the A29, a good and fast autostrada.

Castellammare del Golfo or Scopello are easily reached from the A29, and would be good first spots in Sicily.

Consider Pensione Tranchina (with dinner) in Scopello. Scopello is right near the beautiful Zingaro Reserve and many coves for swimming.

Pensione Tranchina:

http://www.pensionetranchina.com/

karenbrown.com/Accommodations/…00003087.php

guidesdecharme.com/reservation_hotel-fiche_i…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g608929-d633155…

Places to eat in and around Scopello?:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k2085…

Castellammare has several hotels, but Cala Marina is right on the harbour and near some of Castellammare’s best restaurants – La Cambusa or Cetarium.

Cala Marina:

http://www.hotelcalamarina.it/

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g608929-d600228…

Castellammare Hotels:

…castellammare.tp.it/Turismo/Dove_dormire/

Castellammare Restaurants:

…castellammare.tp.it/Turismo/Dove_mangiare/

The next morning continue along the A29 south towards Selinunte and take the SS115 to Sciacca. Consider a visit to the magnificent temple in Segesta.

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,262 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation somewhere between Palermo and Sciacca

Or a stop at the ruins in Selinunte!

Best Wishes!

Vagabonda

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation somewhere between Palermo and Sciacca

THANKS! You have been very helpful!

4. Re: Accomodation somewhere between Palermo and Sciacca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 01, 2009