We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Napoli to Palermo

london
11 posts
Save Topic
Ferry from Napoli to Palermo

Hello

I'm in the UK and trying currently trying to book 2 reasonably priced tickets for the above journey in September...

A few questions:

Are the seats ok for sleeping in or is a cabin definately recommended?

Do you know the benfit of getting an 'outside' cabin (as opposed to an inside one)?

Does anyone know of a decent place to buy tickets online?

Any help would be much appreciated....

Cheers

M

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Napoli to Palermo

Try www.snav.it or www tirrenia.it

england
Level Contributor
76 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Napoli to Palermo

book via www.aferry.to

English and ATOL so should be able to book with some confidence

uk
Level Contributor
215 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Napoli to Palermo

Depends what kind of person you are-loads of ppl sleep on floor(get space as soon as you get on if doing that) but I personally needed the privacy of a cabin.

Outside cabins have windows

I bought my tickets at www.viamare.com(i'm in uk too)

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Napoli to Palermo

For this relatively short crossing (9 hours), a reclining seat is perfectly fine (particularly if traveling solo).

TIP: The reclining seats on the Tirrenia Line Rubattino/Florio twin ferries are particularly comfortable (akin to business class on aircraft). Check to see whether these ships are operating on the date of your crossing.

Inside/outside cabin: usually no difference, except that outside cabin is more luminous and cheerful during daytime.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Napoli to Palermo

For this relatively short crossing (9 hours), a reclining seat is perfectly fine (particularly if traveling solo).

TIP: The reclining seats on the Tirrenia Line Rubattino/Florio twin ferries are particularly comfortable (akin to business class on aircraft). Check to see whether these ships are operating on the date of your crossing.

Inside/outside cabin: usually no difference, except that outside cabin is more luminous and cheerful during daytime.

Get answers to your questions about Palermo