We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport on Sunday evening from Comiso to Catania

Which Catania hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Transport on Sunday evening from Comiso to Catania

Hi,

I'm arriving into Comiso on a Ryanair flight on a Sunday evening. I had a look at the bus timetable and it seems there is no public transport from the airport at all. Does anybody know a way we could travel to Catania on a Sunday evening. I'd rather get the travelling done if possible.

Otherwise could someone recommend a place to stay in Comiso that is cheap and does airport pick up?

Thanks

Paul

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
97,075 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport on Sunday evening from Comiso to Catania

Welcome to Sicily atilladehun!

Comiso airport to Catania:

tripadvisor.com/…59593312

Consider Hostel H24 in Ragusa for the first night.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1625404-i28811-k7…

Vagabonda

Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport on Sunday evening from Comiso to Catania

Thanks a million for your reply.

We are still unsure what to do. We are looking for a beach holiday in an area with nice restaurants and attractive city. We are tempted to go to Taormina or even Cefalu but we wonder if this will be too much hassle with public transport. Would we be better off to stay close to the airport and go to Siracuse.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
97,075 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport on Sunday evening from Comiso to Catania

It's truly my pleasure atilladehun.

There are really lovely beaches in Ragusa province, and Siracusa is delightful.

And the Val di Noto UNESCO towns are wonderful, as well as the local cuisine and wines.

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1024

tripadvisor.com/…59044799

Why hassle with so much nearby?

Perhaps you can revisit and then travel further afield once you see what is locally more convenient.

Vagabonda

4. Re: Transport on Sunday evening from Comiso to Catania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 26, 2015