We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catania - Siracusa - Noto - Catania

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Catania - Siracusa - Noto - Catania

Ciao,

We will be in Catania for 5 days starting tomorrow, we really don't have much of an itinerary, just kinda relax but we do want to visit Siracusa and Noto. I used to live in Catania so been to Etna, Taormina and Agrigento before.

My question is it possible to do Siracusa and Noto by Bus/Train in 1 day? Car rental is just too expensive for this trip. Prefer the bus as it's usually faster in Sicily.

Thanks,

Tito

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,723 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Catania - Siracusa - Noto - Catania

Ciao Tito,

Yes, it's possible with a very early start, but you would enjoy more time in each town if you were to visit on separate days.

The buses run later than the train.

AST and Interbus run service between Cataniato and both Siracusa ad Noto. Begin in Noto, since the later return is available from Siracusa.

Buon viaggio!

Vagabonda

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catania - Siracusa - Noto - Catania

Thanks for the quick reply.

One last question? How far are the bus stations from the City Center. I remember Siracusa was quite far away.

Gratzie,

Tito

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,723 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Catania - Siracusa - Noto - Catania

Prego Tito,

Catania's bus station is located near its train station (Catania Centrale) - Catania bus station:

tripadvisor.com/…27702114

Siracusa's bus and trains stations are located on Siracusa's mainland between Ortigia and the archaeological park, and although a shuttle runs from the train/bus stations to Ortigia (Siracusa's historic centre), it's not a long walk to Ortigia.

planetware.com/map/syracuse-map-i-syrac.htm

Noto’s bus station is located at Via Pola/Viale Principe di Piemonte very near Noto’s historic centre.

Vagabonda

4. Re: Catania - Siracusa - Noto - Catania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, July 26, 2014