We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a few questions about Catania

Which Catania hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hannover
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
a few questions about Catania

i will be spending 5 days in catania at the end of may. i suppose whitmonday is a bank holiday in sicily. will may things be closed (restaurants, museums, markets)? or is there some festival going on?

i have heard about car robbers and handbag snatchers on motorbikes. i won´t drive a car, but i´m planning to bring my dslr camera with me, which i will carry around in a shoulder bag. is that asking trouble?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,132 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: a few questions about Catania

Welcome to Sicily buecax!

There is no holiday - Here’s our holiday schedule....

http://www.bestofsicily.com/faqs.htm#holidays

Be alert, take precautions, don’t wander into areas that are dark or don’t feel safe, walk with your camera away from the street, and don’t wear the strap across your body, because if it were snatched you could be dragged and hurt.

Vagabonda

hannover
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: a few questions about Catania

thanks, vagabonda!

2 more questions ;-)

is there a central bus station where buses to siracusa and taormina go from?

would you recommend to book an etna tour in advance or can i just book one for the next day while i´m in catania?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,132 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: a few questions about Catania

Yes, Catania’s bus station is near the train station, Catania Centrale.

Catania bus station:

tripadvisor.com/…27702114

Check the weather, and stay flexible – Book the Etna tour a day prior, but have some ideas in mind because not every tour departs every day of the week.

Enjoy!

Vagabonda

4. Re: a few questions about Catania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:40 am, June 22, 2013