We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centro Commerciale Katane

Malta
Level Contributor
50 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Centro Commerciale Katane

Hi,

Can someone please give me information about Centro Commerciale Katane. What kind of shops are there? And how can I reach it from Catania? They don't seem to have a website?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,117 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Centro Commerciale Katane

Yes, this shopping centre is new and there isn’t a website yet. You would find 75 shops and markets.

Take the AST bus from Catania to Gravina di Catania.

CATANIA - GRAVINA - MASCALUCIA - S.G. LA PUNTA - S.A. LI BATTIATI - CATANIA dev. GRAVINA - SAN PAOLO

aziendasicilianatrasporti.it/opencms/opencms…

Consorzio Del Centro Commerciale Katane

Via Quasimodo

95030 Gravina Di Catania (CT), Italy

095 393948

Vagabonda

modica
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centro Commerciale Katane

This new shopping centre has passed me by! The biggest I thought is in Bel Passo/Miserbianco - easily reached from the tangenziale and is called ETNAPOLIS and its huge - a vast Castorama (B&Q) and loads of shops - all chains, a hypermarket, cinema etc etc - Also that area has many other large shops, and one day in the not too distant future if we're lucky . an IKEA!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,117 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Centro Commerciale Katane

There are huge hypermarkets all around Catania.

Etnapolis is huge, but there are others as well – Centro Commerciale I Portali, Le Zagare in San Giovanni la Punta, Shopping center I Ciclopi, Centro Commerciale "Le Zagare" , Emmezeta, and the hypermarkets like Auchan as well.

Shopping:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k2042…

Etnapolis:

http://www.etnapolis.net/etnapolis/index.html

Vagabonda

Malta
Level Contributor
50 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Centro Commerciale Katane

Thanks.. I think I will go to etnapolis..according to the webiste it opens on sundays as well.

Do you know if this is true even in october?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,117 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Centro Commerciale Katane

Of course - Etnapolis is for locals, not just tourists.

www.centroetnapolis.it/etnapolis/servizi.htm

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,117 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Centro Commerciale Katane

Etnapolis is seldom closed - They are closed on New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday, Ferragosta.

Etnapolis is even open on Christmas morning!

Vagabonda

7. Re: Centro Commerciale Katane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 05, 2010