We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains or busses from Amalfi to Sicily???

Which Catania hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Trains or busses from Amalfi to Sicily???

Are there any trains or busses that go directly from Amalfi to Sicily...or would I have to leave from Salerno??

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains or busses from Amalfi to Sicily???

Amalfi doesn't have a train station - there's one that they call "Vietri sul Mare - Amalfi", but you'd have to change at Salerno anyway, as as Vietri's a fair distance from Amalfi and only 10 minutes from Salerno, you might as well just head straight for Salerno! There are fairly infrequent direct trains from Salerno to Catania (I presume that's where you trying to get to?) - www.trenitalia.it - and there'll be a bus from Amalfi to Salerno but I'm afraid I don't know the details.

I don't think there'll be a direct bus / coach from Amalfi to Catania, but I might well be wrong. There's definitely one from Salerno to Catania, run by SAIS - www.saistrasporti.it - but I think it's an overnight journey and it'll take longer than the train.

Canada
Level Contributor
732 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains or busses from Amalfi to Sicily???

You can take a ferry from Amalfi to Salerno and then there is a train from Salerno, there is also an overnight ferry to Palermo.

Otherwise, take the ferry from Amalfi to Napoli and then train from there to Sicily, or take an overnight ferry to Catania or Palermo.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains or busses from Amalfi to Sicily???

Many thanks!

4. Re: Trains or busses from Amalfi to Sicily???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:23 am, August 28, 2009