We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights from Catania to Naples

Chico, California
Level Contributor
53 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
flights from Catania to Naples

My husband & I are traveling to Sicily in September of this year. We will be taking the train from Salerno to Taormina but would like info. regarding flights to return to Naples from Catania. Grazie, Nonnie_5_11

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,119 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: flights from Catania to Naples

Ciao NOnnie_5_11

Perhaps re-think the train from Salerno to Tarmina and consider a ferry to Messina or Catania.

Fly Alitalia or Air Italy (Meridiana) from Catania to Naples.

If you fly Alitalia, book on the Italian site for the lowest "Promo" fares - Save Money By Booking Alitalia Flights “Like a Local”:

roninrome.com/transportation/booking-alitali…

Best regards,

Vagabonda

Edited: 8:15 pm, July 22, 2013
Chico, California
Level Contributor
53 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights from Catania to Naples

Thanks again regarding the trip to Catania. I am looking at options now for airfare from Naples. So far it looks like the times may not be helpful as I'm only seeing options for late evening arrivals. On the train we would arrive by 4:30pm which would give us more evening time and we would arrive directly to Taormina. By air we would fly into Catania and have to take bus or train to Taormina which would get us there quite late. I am checking other airlines tho.

Grazie,

NOnnie_5_11

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,119 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: flights from Catania to Naples

Please see your other thread and consider an open-jaws with an arrival in Catania and a departure from Palermo (or vice versa) to save time doubling back.

Fly Alitalia or Air Italy (Meridiana) from Naples to Catania. Fly Alitalia or Volotea from Naples to Palermo.

Vagabonda

Chico, California
Level Contributor
53 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights from Catania to Naples

Thanks again for the info. I have never heard of the company Volotea. I will check that one out.

Grazie,

NOnnie_5_11

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,119 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: flights from Catania to Naples

Prego NOnnie_5_11,

Volotea is a relatively new Spanish carrier - Anyone flown with Volotea?:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187870-i57-k62198…

Vagabonda

Chico, California
Level Contributor
53 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flights from Catania to Naples

Ciao Vagabonda (or anyone else with info)

I have been trying to book our return from Catania to Naples via Ferry on Oct 9 of this year and am having a difficult time. Anyone have user-friendly websites for booking ferrys? I have been trying on www.traghettionline.net & www.tttlines.it . I am wondering now if we would be better to just purchase tickets at time of travel when in Sicily. I have been having problems also booking train tickets and am thinking to purchase there also. If we arrive at the train station early I am thinking that may be easiest for us. We have traveled in Italy before and are familiar with purchasing tickets and validating at the stations.

If anyone knows of problems with us purchasing train and ferry tickets this way please advise.

Grazie,

Nonnie_5_11

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,119 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: flights from Catania to Naples

Ciao NOnnie_5_11,

What train tickets are you trying to book? If regional trains, you would purchase those tickets in Italy.

The TTT Lines ferry website isn't the most user friendly, but because there are limited cabins, book the crossing in advance.

Having trouble booking TTT ferry Naples - Catania.:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k5549…

Vagabonda

Chico, California
Level Contributor
53 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flights from Catania to Naples

Thanks again for your help Vagabonda! I will try some of your options. I think some of my issues could have been my slow computer also.

Grazie,

Nonnie_5_11

Do you have recommendations for site-seeing in Catania? Appreciate any advice as we have a full day

before (hopefully) boarding the nite ferry.

Edited: 11:44 pm, August 25, 2013
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,119 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: flights from Catania to Naples

Hopefully your full day in Catania isn't a Sunday NOnnie_5_11!

Begin with La Pescheria, and then explore the historic centre and churches prior to the midday closing. Then enjoy lunch!

Half day free, before flight from Catania:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k2872…

48 Hours: Catania

independent.co.uk/travel/48-hours-in/48-hour…

Vagabonda

10. Re: flights from Catania to Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 28, 2014