We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Sicily on New years eve

Sliema, Malta
3 posts
Save Topic
Traveling to Sicily on New years eve

Hi,

Me and my partner are traveling to Sicily this New Year's eve, we are landing in Trapani on the 30th of Dec and spending 4 nights in total.

Can anyone suggest any out door public events happening in Trapani, Erice or San Vito Lo Capo or suggest any local good restaurants to book New Years Eve dinner and celebrations at, if there are no public events occurring.

We intend to visit Trapani, Erice, Scopello, Monreale, San Vito Lo Capo and Marsala could you advice if this is possible to do using public transport or if it is better to rent a car. If you could suggest any other places worth visiting it would be great.

Looking forward to your replies.

Mentioned in this post
Trapani - Erice
Trapani - Erice
4,162 Reviews
Sicily, Italy
Sicily
Sicily
Italy
Trapani
Trapani
Sicily, Italy
San Vito lo Capo
San Vito lo Capo
Sicily, Italy
Scopello
Scopello
Sicily, Italy
Monreale
Monreale
Sicily, Italy
Marsala
Marsala
Sicily, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,870 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Sicily on New years eve

Welcome to Sicily Sonia C!

It’s too early for a New Year's Eve program – Check in December, but Palermo would offer more for New Year’s Eve than Trapani.

San Vito Lo Capo is a seasonal beach resort, so seasonal towns like San Vito Lo Capo and Scopello would be very quiet.

With relatively little time and holidays schedules, you would appreciate hiring a car at Birgi on your arrival.

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Sicily
Sicily
Italy
Palermo
Palermo
Sicily, Italy
Trapani
Trapani
Sicily, Italy
San Vito lo Capo
San Vito lo Capo
Sicily, Italy
Scopello
Scopello
Sicily, Italy
Sliema, Malta
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Sicily on New years eve

Thank you for your reply will sure to be checking what the New Year's Eve events will be like closer to the date.

Will take up your advice of hiring a car.

If you think of more information which you think might help, I would be very willing to hear from you.

thanks

Sonia C

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,870 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Sicily on New years eve

Prego Sonia C,

You’ll appreciate the convenience of a car!

Please feel free to post again in December and I will ring ahead for program details.

Regards,

Vagabonda

Sliema, Malta
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Sicily on New years eve

Will hear from me closer to the date.

Thank you for your interest

Sonia C

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,870 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to Sicily on New years eve

Prego Sonia C - My pleasure....

Vagabonda

6. Re: Traveling to Sicily on New years eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 23, 2013