We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Panorama Airlines- Blu Express??

Level Contributor
221 posts
270 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Panorama Airlines- Blu Express??

We have carefully planned an itinerary which is an extension of a visit to our son who is studying abroad.

This itinerary includes connecting from and then to other airlines in Rome to & from our destinations Sicily on Blue Panarama. Connections are not very tight but they were calculated with an acceptable layover.

Now I am reading many reports that this airline is unreliable and changes their schedules at the last minute quite often.

Please tell me there are people out there that have had good experiences with this airline so I can stop worrying about being stranded on one end or another?? Am I only finding posts from those who have had issues??

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Panorama Airlines- Blu Express??

I've used them twice, between Palermo and Rome, last time in 2010. Both times everything went fine.

Not a statistic in any way, just a single personal experience.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,226 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Panorama Airlines- Blu Express??

Options www.volawindjet.it www.easyjet.com www.alitalia.com

australia
Level Contributor
278 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Panorama Airlines- Blu Express??

I also flew them in 2010 Rome to Palermo and they were great, on time, easy check in. Will fly them again this year

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Messina, Bratislava
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Panorama Airlines- Blu Express??

Have a look at the reviews on this website http://www.airlinequality.com/ and compare them to those of the other airlines flying to Rome.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,479 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Panorama Airlines- Blu Express??

It's very frustrating to fly these days. Unfortunately, this is life in the age of airline cut-backs! There are inconveniences, delays, and cancellations on all airlines. There aren’t too many differences in experiences between airlines these days.

Schedule changes are quite common, so always re-confirm the flight schedule.

It also depends where you’re flying, and it does appear that blu-express had some difficulty last summer with flights to Istanbul.

WindJet would be your last option, but blu-express is an acceptable option.

Vagabonda

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
64 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Panorama Airlines- Blu Express??

"WindJet would be your last option" ...

Is there something I should know about WindJet? Both legs of our Rome-Sicily transfers are with WindJet (mainly because of schedule compatibility). I'd done some searching online for relliability, and everything I saw then seemed OK.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,479 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Panorama Airlines- Blu Express??

Just that the other options are a little more reliable....

Vagabonda

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
64 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Panorama Airlines- Blu Express??

Thanks for the reply, Vagabonda.

There are never any guarantees with flights. Here's hoping all our connections go smoothly!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,479 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Panorama Airlines- Blu Express??

Absolutely Joe B – Wishing you a wonderful holiday!

Buona vacanza in Sicilia!

Vagabonda

Sicily
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Panorama Airlines- Blu Express??

Hi, I think the reliability of panorama blu express is almost the same of other low cost companies (I know well the ones that fly to Sicily), it is true that often you can be late. The best way to have flights on time is to take the early ones in the morning..

To fly to Sicily, much more reliable about timing is Alitalia that is not low cost but you can have reasonable prices booking in advance.

BTW, I want to share my experience and complain about blu-express behaviour to consumers!!

Two months ago I had to cancel my trip to Asia after I bought all my flights, buaaahhhh!! I had not insurance, so I asked to be refund of “airport taxes” (better than nothing)

It has been quite easy to do it online (sometimes sending a scanned document by email) by Qatar Airways, Thai Airways, Vietnam airlines, Alitalia and Windjet (waiting one month for refund but it is ok),

BUT

Panorama Blu-Express seems to complicate purposely the procedure, they accept only a “physical” posta “raccomandata” (not even a fax) that means take time to write, go to post office, spend hours in line, spend 4 euro to do the “raccomandata”. It is clear to me that this is a way to discourage people to ask the refund because it has not sense that I can buy a ticket on their website, put my credit card number, eventually change my flight, but I can’t ask a refund by the same website or by the email I registered on their website. What’s the point?

Moreover, who knows the answer to the “raccomandata”? How can I know they accepted/are processing it? I cannot have the same feedback I can have on internet or by email, I can just wait and perhaps one day , if I don’t get any money on my credit card, someone could say “we didn’t accept because missing something on the lettter”.. I cannot pay an attorney to fight it for 20 euro!!

Just to know, I had the honesty to cancel my flight before the day of departure, so I gave the opportunity to sell my seat once more..

This message is just to give info to travelers, everyone will decide how to use it and check if rules changed in the meanwhile.. Personally, I will avoid Panorama Blu-Express because of this reason..

I wish you great exciting trips,

Enrico